By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake's combat will have "dramatic changes"

Are you excited to see the combat system change?

Yes 112 28.94%

I will wait and see 130 33.59%

No 145 37.47%

Total:387

So much cries for turn-based yet so little defense or honor out there for FFXIII when it was the last mainline FF to feature it ...

Around the Network

Square Enix should stop listening to critics and the vocal minorities on the internet cause the last thing I want is an insecure developer who has no faith in his vision ...

FFXV was nothing more than a result of a violent lash back that they got from FFXIII ...

I hope the others who participated in the hate bandwagon of FFXIII like the direction FF is going now ...

No appreciation in ANY part of FFXIII meant it was totally reasonable to do an extreme opposite known as FFXV ...

TruckOSaurus said:

If I don't have full control over every party member I'll throw a hissy fit!

^ this lmao.

I dont want a FF7 remake to end up a hack n slash type ARPG, with only 1 player your able to play as, and the rest as A.I.

That would be a insult to what FF7 was and is, people writeing they want a ARPG.... holy fudge... I have no words and hope they are just teaseing with their comments.

Blag79 said:

turn based was the life for ff to me once the games lost the turn based combat i failed to enjoy them anymore 13 was utter shit and i imgaine 15 will be also hence me not buying a ps4 i have gone totally over to pc now and i get many turn based yummy treats

The sad truth,.... FF games need to stay turn based, it works, and they know how to do it well.

the-pi-guy said:

Super Mario RPG is not as pretty in some respects, but in others I think it did a lot better with what it had.  The previous just seems so Mario, while the latter just seems like it's trying to do a lot, but not doing it well.  

*snip*

As someone else pointed out, the remake is suppose to give new fans an experience. I'd much rather it be for the most part the same as FFX/SMRPG.

FFVII was trying to do a lot more than not doing them well ? Well I thought it was a stunning example of how to make a high end JRPG for a console. Just what exactly do you think it was trying to be other than a JRPG ? 

How do you know that a remake of FFVII will provide that same magic as FFX since you never played the original ?! 

the-pi-guy said:

I tried to play XIII on several occassions.  Restarted, played for a few hours, lost interest, walked away.  Came back a few weeks later.  Just didn't find it very interesting.  In the time since my last play attempt, I've finished Final Fantasy X a few times, Super Mario RPG more than a few times.   

I even bought Final Fantasy X for the 4th time.  These games are and still are 2 of my absolute favorite games, and I'm hoping that FFVII retains a similar style to how those 2 games are.  (Similar!=Same.)

It's like you said ... (Similar != Same) 

FFXIII had TONS of similarities to FFX yet it fell like a deck of cards on your end so how can you say FFVII won't do the same too ? 

Around the Network

FFXIII was not a true turn based system it was like the after birth of a turn based system very few option in combat to actually use you were limited to selecting just a few forms of attack vs the many in all the other ff's FFXIII was just a plain drawn out bastardization of what the FF series was

i for one am glad theyre changing it, if it was like the original it would be too similar to be worth playing through again.
im looking forward to essentially, the same storyline and characters but with an all new approach.

people that want it to be as close as possible to the original should just buy the original

Blag79 said:
FFXIII was not a true turn based system it was like the after birth of a turn based system very few option in combat to actually use you were limited to selecting just a few forms of attack vs the many in all the other ff's FFXIII was just a plain drawn out bastardization of what the FF series was

Neither were a lot of the other FF games ... 

The only more recent FF game that you could argue that was truly turn-based was FFX ... 

ATB =/= turn-based ...

the people who will buy the game 75% of are old school fans the ones who lived it in the 90's we want the same game with better graphics they change much about it like the battle system and people like me in that 75% won't buy it mostly just the hardcore FF nuts which i was until 10 then 13 lets just not mention 12 eh if they change something as huge as the battle system they are literally throwing away money which is why 12-13-13-2-13-3 haven't sold as good as 7-8 the sales of the games have shown this it's common fing sense

Blag79 said:
the people who will buy the game 75% of are old school fans the ones who lived it in the 90's we want the same game with better graphics they change much about it like the battle system and people like me in that 75% won't buy it mostly just the hardcore FF nuts which i was until 10 then 13 lets just not mention 12 eh if they change something as huge as the battle system they are literally throwing away money which is why 12-13-13-2-13-3 haven't sold as good as 7-8 the sales of the games have shown this it's common fing sense

.,.,..,,,., <- you dropped these

#1 Amb-ass-ador