By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4. 38 million by December 31, 2015?

+ 40m, world wide price cut effect. Plus to make a cut worth it you need to sale ass loads of more consoles to recoop through other ways.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
patronmacabre said:

Edit: Just realized these are shipment numbers. So I'm going to go with maybe 37 million shipped?

No.

Yeah, maybe that was a bit high. I honestly don't know how to estimate the sell-through rate for these consoles yet, though I assume the sell-through rate (i.e. shipment to actual sales) will probably be easiest with the PS4, because they're the most willing to show off their sales numbers. Still, with 35.5 million sales to consumers (I did some basic math to predict the number of sales by the end of August and then multiplied the yearly sales up to that point by 2.5 to predict approximately 17 million units sold by the end of the year), and about 1 million units out there in the wild, that would give us 36.5 units shipped. I will also note, that current data implies that Sony has about 1.5 million units out in the wild, but I think that's a bit high, which is why I think PS4 might be undertracked by a few hundred thousand units. 

endy.G said:
LordPhil said:
36m seems like a safe bet. If it gets a price cut however, I can see it hitting up to 38-39m this year.

100$ pricecut will make is possible :D

everything else, not

but seems like sony has no plans to do a pricecut soon. they still estimate just 16.5 million ps4 for theire fiscal year 2015 (april 2015 - march 2016)
100 $ pricecut would put them at 20.5 million + for the fiscal year

Why would they even have to do a $100 price cut?

D-Joe said:
endy.G said:

100$ pricecut will make is possible :D

everything else, not

but seems like sony has no plans to do a pricecut soon. they still estimate just 16.5 million ps4 for theire fiscal year 2015 (april 2015 - march 2016)
100 $ pricecut would put them at 20.5 million + for the fiscal year

Why would they even have to do a $100 price cut?

exactly
that's why they won't do
100$ pricecut will happen in 2016. maybe when the dieshink "slim" version launch

they will keep theire bundle and add stuff strategy for now

poklane said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
30 mill by the end of this year tops.

You can't be serious. If PS4 is under 30million shipped on January 1st 2016 00.01am PST all PlayStation related threads on VGChartz should be locked and future threads should be disallowed.

If Sony said they expect, at most, 38 million by March or April... then how the hell do people expect it to sell that by the end of December? I think Sony knows more about their own sales than we do lol

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
poklane said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
30 mill by the end of this year tops.

You can't be serious. If PS4 is under 30million shipped on January 1st 2016 00.01am PST all PlayStation related threads on VGChartz should be locked and future threads should be disallowed.

If Sony said they expect, at most, 38 million by March or April... then how the hell do people expect it to sell that by the end of December? I think Sony knows more about their own sales than we do lol

Sony love to give low expectations / predictions.

That way they can give sensationalised headlines that read "projections beat by xx%, shipped more than y amount above forcast".

First half of 2015 is done, and its shipped 25.3 million units (and probably sold around 24.4million to users).

Now for the 2nd half of the year. Do you really think it wont ship more than 5million extra units? to reach above 30mil this year shipped?

Before 2016, ps4 will have shipped above 30million.

Hell it shipped 3mil in this last quarter alone.... half a year, with the holidays still left, its going to sell more and need more shipped than the 5mil left up to 30.

poklane is right, less than 30million shipped end of year for the ps4, isnt something people can take serious.

shipped theres a chance,but sold,no

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Someone abit earlier on in the thread, wrote that last year in Q3 it shipped like 6million.

If its @25.3m shipped now, and still has Q3 and Q4 left, it should go over 30million shipped by end of year, shouldnt it?

Hell according to VGcharts last year: sold in units:

Jul: 607k

aug: 587k

sep: 1,774

okt: 1,102

nov: 2,360

dec: 3,282

= 9,712m

last year in same time the ps4 currently has left in the year, it sold 9,712 million units.

Best guess its around 24million sold around end of june.

If this year it sells like it sold last year, then by the end of dec. it should be around 24million its at now + 9,712million => 33,7 million units.

Unless I made some crazy mistake or misunderstood something.

PwerlvlAmy said:

you kidding?

So you believe that there is a chance that by the end of the year 30M PS4s could be shipped but not sold?

Intrinsic said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

you kidding?

So you believe that there is a chance that by the end of the year 30M PS4s could be shipped but not sold?

I was certainly not kidding. Its not hitting 38m sold by dec 31st 2015

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick