By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think NX will be below, equal, or above the power of PS4?

How will NX fare in comparison to the PS4?

Below in power 297 32.21%

Equal power 99 10.74%

More powerful 108 11.71%

Very weak in comparison to PS4 67 7.27%

A little weaker 128 13.88%

Very powerful in comparison to PS4 30 3.25%

A little more powerful 106 11.50%

Like 2 WiiUs duct taped together 87 9.44%

Total:922

Hopefully a little stronger or equal. They need a way to attract other games and not just the hardcore Nintendo fans, I'm sure a lot more would consider a Nintendo console if it had all the multiplats that a Xbox One or PS4 has.

Around the Network

It's probably below and I wouldn't be surprised if the gap was large either ...

It's gonna be a Wii U+ without a GamePad to waste power on.

I'm now filled with determination.

Dr.Vita said:
Below the power of PS4
Why should they make NX stronger than PS4 if Nintendo doesn't use the full power?

You never get tired of looking stupid, do you?

The number od stupid comments baffles me. If NX is a portable, of course it will be much weaker than a ps4. Probably 200-300 gflops, wich ranges from 1 third to 1 half of wii u's power.

If it's a home console, all evidence and logic points to it being at least a little more powerfull than a ps4. IF the console has some revolutionary thing like the wiimote, it could have just a little more power than a ps4, If not, it will be much more powerfull. Only a hater/troll would say it's gonna be weaker without any evidence beforehand. At least wait for actual information.

Around the Network

I really am not too sure. I assume that they will share a ton of info at E3 2016 followed by a release in November 2017. Now I remember both Sony and Microsoft saying that they'll keep the Xbox One and PS4 around for 10 years...and after seeing the 7th gen I can't say that it is impossible. But let us assume they have them around for 6 years. It means that the NX will launch in the middle of a generation which does present a bit of a problem. I think Nintendo has learned its lesson and the NX will be a bit more powerful than the current generation which means that it will be underpowered when Sony and Microsoft come out with the PS5 and Xbox 360-ONE-2.

JRPGfan said:

Below.... Nintendo dont want the horse power or the price.

They wont work to get 3rd party onboard and prefer to live off of their own software sales, as a gameing developer that just happends to also sell hardware, rather than console developer that lives off makeing the hardware, and depends on 3rd party sales & services for profits.

Nintendo have become a secondary owned console by many, a high price for their console could hurt sales alot.

BTW why is the "Like 2 WiiUs duct taped together" option below a "little more powerfull (than the ps4)" option ?

2 Duct taped together Wii Us in performance would still be way below a PS4.

Try trolling a little less.

Eddie_Raja said:
As per Nintendo's own words: Much weaker.

Link?

KLXVER said:
Eddie_Raja said:
As per Nintendo's own words: Much weaker.

Link?

google it.  They said once again anyone who wants it to compete with the other consoles in performance will be badly disapointed. 

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
KLXVER said:

Link?

google it.  They said once again anyone who wants it to compete with the other consoles in performance will be badly disapointed. 

They never said that...