By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think NX will be below, equal, or above the power of PS4?

How will NX fare in comparison to the PS4?

Below in power 297 32.21%

Equal power 99 10.74%

More powerful 108 11.71%

Very weak in comparison to PS4 67 7.27%

A little weaker 128 13.88%

Very powerful in comparison to PS4 30 3.25%

A little more powerful 106 11.50%

Like 2 WiiUs duct taped together 87 9.44%

Total:922
Aeolus451 said:
Considering that it's gonna be 9th gen, it better be if it's a console otherwise what's the point of a new gen of consoles. .

I dont think it will be 9th gen, more like 8.5th gen.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Considering that it's gonna be 9th gen, it better be if it's a console otherwise what's the point of a new gen of consoles. .

Nintendo releases a console every 6 years with a 1 year overlap with the previous gen. It would be gen 9.

Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nintendo releases a console every 6 years with a 1 year overlap with the previous gen. It would be gen 9.

No, Nintendo usually release a home console every 5 years.

Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

A gen does not end when the next one starts. It's 6 years. Gen 7 is still going because of the PS3 and 360 but it ended a while back for nintendo when it stopped supporting the wii. Which was a year after the wii u released.

The next nintendo console will release in 2017 and the wii u will be discontinued in 2018.

Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

A gen does not end when the next one starts. It's 6 years. Gen 7 is still going because of the PS3 and 360 but it ended a while back for nintendo when it stopped supporting the wii. Which was a year after the wii u released.

The next nintendo console will release in 2017 and the wii u will be discontinued in 2018.

Like I wrote, Nintendo usually release their consoles around every 5 years, you can check facts on internet.

Next Nintendo hardware probably coming next year, we dont know is that home console.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like I wrote, Nintendo usually release their consoles around every 5 years, you can check facts on internet.

Next Nintendo hardware probably coming next year, we dont know is that home console.

NX is being revealed next year and that's the only thing known. Regardless if it's a handheld or console, 2016 is too early for a release for either. 2017 and 2018 are likely the years either could release in.  You were right on the 5 years in between nintendo's consoles. I got it confused with how long the gen lasts for 'em.

Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

NX is being revealed next year and that's the only thing known. Regardless if it's a handheld or console, 2016 is too early for a release for either. 2017 and 2018 are likely the years either could release in.  You were right on the 5 years in between nintendo's consoles. I got it confused with how long the gen lasts for 'em.

Why is 2016 too early for either?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Going by nintendo's history of console and handheld releases, Nintendo for the most part follows a pattern or schedule. There's no reason for them to release hardware early. If they shorten their present hardware gen because of bad sales, it will only lower the percieved value in owning nintendo hardware.

Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Few months ago I thought new hardware will arrive in 2017 (I have not even considered 2018.), but after more different informations from multiple sources (last was Capcom announcement 2 games for NX), I think 2016. is very likely.

Aeolus451 said:
zorg1000 said:

Going by nintendo's history of console and handheld releases, Nintendo for the most part follows a pattern or schedule. There's no reason for them to release hardware early. If they shorten their present hardware gen because of bad sales, it will only lower the percieved value in owning nintendo hardware.

What trend are u using for handhelds? Gameboy went 12 years without a successor, GBA 3.5 years, DS 6.5 years, there is absolutely no way to predict when 3DS will get a successor based on previous generations.

Go back and look at previous console support from Nintendo after the 4th year. N64/GC/Wii each had a whopping 2-3 semi-major titles release in the 5th year, do u really think Wii U owners will be mad because they missed out in 2-3 games over the course of 1-2 years?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.