By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony financial results Q1 FY15, 663 million $ profit, PS4 ships 3 million

didn't expect this
nice ps4 numbers

must be the sold in for the batman bundles and the new ch1200 sku. they did very well

sadly no ps3 numbers.
must be very low.
the ps3 is confirmed now to never reach 90 million lifetime sales. ps4 is to strong. and why would some1 buy an ps3 for 200 if he could get an ps4 for 300

Around the Network

So, 25.3m shipped. Can we assume the actual sales are around 24.5m?

The PS5 Exists. 

endy.G said:

sadly no ps3 numbers.
must be very low.
the ps3 is confirmed now to never reach 90 million lifetime sales. ps4 is to strong. and why would some1 buy an ps3 for 200 if he could get an ps4 for 300

But they did say PS3 declined less than they thought so it can't be that bad. Should still do decently in EU and some ROW countries.

But as you say the price difference between both isn't big enough for most people to go for the cheaper option

Roronaa_chan said:
endy.G said:

sadly no ps3 numbers.
must be very low.

But they did say PS3 declined less than they thought so it can't be that bad. Should still do decently in EU and some ROW countries.

But as you say the price difference between both isn't big enough for most people to go for the cheaper option

they said? where?
gimme dat infos plox :D

endy.G said:

they said? where?

At the end of the Q&A session, Yoshida-san mentioned that sales of PS4 are “progressing very smoothly” and installed base is increasing. That’s why network profitability is progressing very well. Hit software titles also observed a “very smooth progress.”

The PS3 also was a factor, as the profitability for software on Sony’s old console did not really drop as much as expected in the first quarter.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/30/sony-ps4-sales-progressing-very-smoothly-high-expectations-for-psn-ps3-not-as-bad-as-expected/

I guess that's software though, my bad.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

only 0.8 million on shelfs and in distribution channels is low for over 120 different markets and a console, that is moving 200k or more units each weak on average...
24m+ sold through seems more reasonable

Roronaa_chan said:
endy.G said:

they said? where?

At the end of the Q&A session, Yoshida-san mentioned that sales of PS4 are “progressing very smoothly” and installed base is increasing. That’s why network profitability is progressing very well. Hit software titles also observed a “very smooth progress.”

The PS3 also was a factor, as the profitability for software on Sony’s old console did not really drop as much as expected in the first quarter.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/30/sony-ps4-sales-progressing-very-smoothly-high-expectations-for-psn-ps3-not-as-bad-as-expected/

I guess that's software though, my bad.

okay, thanks
yes,  software profitability not hardware sales

endy.G said:
GribbleGrunger said:

only 0.8 million on shelfs and in distribution channels is low for over 120 different markets and a console, that is moving 200k or more units each weak on average...

That's what I just said.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
endy.G said:

That's what I just said.

so around 24.5 million is 24 - 25 million for you?
okay then...

around 24.5 million is 24.5 million +/- 0.2 for me
and imho the sold through is around 24 million. so between 38.8 and 24.2 million

PS4 must make Sony remember the PS3 days in 2008 and be very happy with what they acomplished this gen.

tagged.