By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony financial results Q1 FY15, 663 million $ profit, PS4 ships 3 million

Gaming segment Operating Income could've been 35 billion yen if the Yen hadn't depreciated so much.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Jranation said:
Amazing!!!!
Any PSVITA sales news???

Unfortunately we only got shipments for the PS4, not the PS3 or Vita.

Its holding up very well in Japan, i hope it also was slightly doing better than last year in everywhere else. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

22.6 million Xbox consoles (Xbone & 360) shipped since the release of Xbox One over 7 quarters.

PS4, 25.3 million shipped in 7 quarters.

Hmm interesting that all other consoles sales are absent, I wonder if Sony have ceased manufacture and are relying on already produced stock since it does seem PS3 sales have dropped much quicker than the PS1 and PS2 after the new gen console was released.

kumagawa said:
22.6 million Xbox consoles (Xbone & 360) shipped since the release of Xbox One over 7 quarters.

Hmm interesting that all other consoles sales are absent, I wonder if Sony have ceased manufacture and are relying on already produced stock since it does seem PS3 sales have dropped much quicker than the PS1 and PS2 after the new gen console was released.

I think they would've mentioned that in the webcast at least, so when that gets available for everyone, I'll check. I really doubt they have completely stopped shipping the PS3, even if they have stopped producing it, so I think it's more a case of them just not giving us numbers...

I'm hoping that they will give us numbers when the full Fiscal Year ends, or at least give us a milestone when/if it passes 90 million shipped.

BraLoD said:
Gaming and Network had the best sales result of any segment.

They had highest revenue but only 5th in profit (revenue is vanity, profit is sanity).

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Roronaa_chan said:

This result makes me wonder what PS4 can do in 2016 if it's 300$ with all the games coming out that year.

This quarter PS4 > Xbox One + Xbox 360 + Wii U + Wii + 3DS combined

Thanks, seems a bit undertracked then. Also i wouldn't bet on a price cut this year. It's selling great without it and i think they will wait for a die shrink from AMD. Unfortunately that has been delayed to 2016 since their skipping 20nm.

I'm still putting my money on an US only price cut, maybe even temporary. For some reason Sony or any retailer still hasn't put up the price for the Destiny - The Taken King bundle in the US as far as I'm aware, and Sony has to do something besides bundling in the US this Holiday season. Microsoft is no doubt gonna drop to at least $300 + at least 1 free game this Holiday in the US, Sony has no choice but to also drop at least $50 during the same period.

Come on now... We all know why Sony's doing PGW at that date. WW price cut. Probably even 100 instead of just 50. It's the release day for Halo 5 and everything

really amazing for the best console. gratulation playstation 4!

Teeqoz said:
kumagawa said:

I think they would've mentioned that in the webcast at least, so when that gets available for everyone, I'll check. I really doubt they have completely stopped shipping the PS3, even if they have stopped producing it, so I think it's more a case of them just not giving us numbers...

I'm hoping that they will give us numbers when the full Fiscal Year ends, or at least give us a milestone when/if it passes 90 million shipped.

Oh no, I know they haven't stopped shipping but when company's stop manufacturing goods even if they still sell them they often leave it off financial reports.

So the mobile division is now the new TV division. :/