By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game looks the best artistically?

Okami- I never played the game , but by the pics the game looks really beautiful. I plan on getting the wii version and really look forward to seeing it's art style. 

Windwaker- I was skeptical until I got the game and was in awe with the explosions, water, etc. This is really where I first got to love Cel Shaded graphics. 

Metroid Prime- The environments in this game were beatiful. If you were to get lost in a game this is the one. I loved how you interacted with the environment also. For example if you walk through water/steam your vision is blurred. I also like the detail. It was the best of both technically and artistically and I love to look at places such as phendrana drifts, or chozo ruins.  

My conclusion- Cel-Shaded games like ToS, Okami, and Tww >>>>>>>>>everthing else visualy. Then you have games that are colorful vivid and have a realistic/unrealistic feel like metroid prime 1/2.

I made this thread , because most of the graphical threads are for technical games rather than artistic and knew all of the artisic people would love this thread.  Enjoy talking about the best looking games. 

Around the Network

viewtiful joe.

Okami PS2 (not Wii version)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I like the artistic style of Windwaker, and Zack and Wiki. The bright, cartoony style and color appeal to me very much.

I don't know if ot counts on this thread ... but i've always loved the ambient in tow old games ... one is Donkey Kong Country ... and the other is Vagrant Story
i feel so inmersed on those games ... and all thaks to the beautiful designs
also ... Ocarina of Time

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network

Lord of the rings online~

If cell shaded is the most artistic, then Naruto ps3 will own everything anywhere. But I guess the prize for the most artistic one goes to shadow of the colossus or Okami.

ssj12 said:
Okami PS2 (not Wii version)

Because the Wii version looks...

exactly the same? o.o

It has to be Okami

Okami
Shadow Of the Colossus

And I'm not sure why but I've always liked the look of the Kingdom Hearts games. I think its because of the smooth cartoony look and bright colors.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League