By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why this hate for Evil Within ?

This game is just great, totally undeserved reviews, i think the beginning of thé génération killed thé hype thé game could have got, reviewers were unfair and bored with stupid expectations waiting for a révolution on next gen, because this game in 2010-2012 would have got 85-90 on meta 

Its a shame to see Résident Evil 5 has a better score

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

The Internet hates everything. Come on you should know this by now.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Most of the hate for it was that it was "supposed" to bring back true survival horror, but instead played like a schizophrenic RE 4. I didn't think it was bad, just think that the overhype kicked it's scores down.

Why hate systems that bring you great games?

PSN: Aceburg0413

XBOX Live: Sheep of Doom13

Nintendo:  SheepofDoom13

3DS FC:  3222 - 5562 - 9867

It's twenty bucks at gamestop. I'll probably pick up a copy.

aceburg0413 said:
Most of the hate for it was that it was "supposed" to bring back true survival horror, but instead played like a schizophrenic RE 4. I didn't think it was bad, just think that the overhype kicked it's scores down.

It was not a lie, its a best résident Evil like since 2010

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
aceburg0413 said:

It was not a lie, its a best résident Evil like since 2010

Depends on what you want from your RE's, if you want RE 4, then yes it deserves high scores, but if you wanted RE CV and before, then it failed.

I also never said it was a lie, I said that it attempted and failed at what the hype wanted it to do.  Personally I think RE 4 killed its franchise, thus causing Capcom to go in more a shooty-shooty-bang-bang route for the later games, as oposed to the tense, can I really stand up to this terrifying monster with my three bullets gameplay of the originals.

Why hate systems that bring you great games?

PSN: Aceburg0413

XBOX Live: Sheep of Doom13

Nintendo:  SheepofDoom13

3DS FC:  3222 - 5562 - 9867

I love the core game. Best survival horror i've played in years. DLC is kinda meh though.

I got it for PS4. Got bored and never beat it.

One of the best ps4 games. Finished it, loved it, replayed it with my equipment from my first playthrough. Just great. When i read there 20 bucks.... just get it and play it.

I found it OK, but a bit too slow, boring and plodding. It picks up toward the end, but it was a chore to endure it. That's why it took me three months of forcing myself to pick it up again.

Can't believe you are even comparing it to RE5, that game was awesome, well-paced, with much better maps and enemy selection, and most important of all: co-op!