By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

sdfa said:
I WANT A WII BUT NO STORE EVER HAS THEM :(

1. Get your ass up early. Go to Target, Best Buy, Circuit City at least an hour prior to open on sunday morning.
2. Call every single Gamestop/EBGames in your area every day until you get a manager that knows when a shipment is coming in. Then get there hours proir to that and just wait.
3. By it off of Ebay. At the time of this writing there were over 15,000 Wii's on sale on Ebay. Unfortunately the average closing price is $500+, double the retail price. I can't beleive people are bidding that much.

I think I am going to do #2 and #1 for atleast two Wii's so I can sell them on Ebay.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
sdfa said:
I WANT A WII BUT NO STORE EVER HAS THEM :(

1. Get your ass up early. Go to Target, Best Buy, Circuit City at least an hour prior to open on sunday morning.
2. Call every single Gamestop/EBGames in your area every day until you get a manager that knows when a shipment is coming in. Then get there hours proir to that and just wait.
3. By it off of Ebay. At the time of this writing there were over 15,000 Wii's on sale on Ebay. Unfortunately the average closing price is $500+, double the retail price. I can't beleive people are bidding that much.

I think I am going to do #2 and #1 for atleast two Wii's so I can sell them on Ebay.

I just want to say that 1 hour is certainly not enough--especially for stores that you know will have Wii's available.  

The argument is simple: a Wii retails for $250.  You can sell it fo $500.  You make $250 by buying and selling.  Most people don't make $250 an hour--so getting there an hour early is certainly not enough.  

If one estimates a $50/hour rate, that's 5 hours of wait time.  In reality, you have to bear the cold, get up way early, camp outside... I'd estimate that if you get there 3 hours in advance it should be enough.

the Wii is an epidemic.

@Lingyis, actually I will probably just do #2. I found it easier to just call all of them asking when a stock is expected. That way I don't have to wake up early. I am not an early bird. That is how I got my Wii back in February. Took 3 days.

TalonMan said:
superchunk said:
@Lingyis, actually I will probably just do #2.

You're gonna take a dump? How's that going to help you in your quest for Wii??? :P

This can't go well.

super_etecoon said:
TalonMan said:
superchunk said:
@Lingyis, actually I will probably just do #2.

You're gonna take a dump? How's that going to help you in your quest for Wii??? :P

This can't go well.

If by do #2, you mean take a dump.
And if by take a dump, you mean drop your crap.
And if by drop your crap, you mean get rid of your waste.
And if by get rid of your waste, you mean throw out unwanted garbage.
And if by throw out unwanted garbage, you mean ditch lame consoles.
And if by ditch lame consoles, you mean sell them for profit.

Then yes, I can see how that would help you in your search for a Wii.

Also, don't guys use their Wiis while doing #2s?

Around the Network

^You had me until the last one. How is "ditching a lame console" synonymous with "selling it for profit?"

If you were trying to get rid of something, wouldn't you sell it for a loss?
I don't know anyone who would sell a console for a loss.... ;)

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

cringer8 said:
^You had me until the last one. How is "ditching a lame console" synonymous with "selling it for profit?"

If your options are selling it for money, not selling it, and keeping it, selling it is indeed profitable.  It's money you would otherwise not have.

cringer8 said:

Hmm. I have a very valuable gadget. However, I'm getting rid of it, so I must sell it for a loss, because, like, I'm getting rid of it and it just wouldn't do to sell it a a profit.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
cringer8 said:

Hmm. I have a very valuable gadget. However, I'm getting rid of it, so I must sell it for a loss, because, like, I'm getting rid of it and it just wouldn't do to sell it a a profit.

Not quite sure what you're saying.  I can sense the sarcasm, yet it still doesn't make sense.

I wasn't saying that someone trying to get rid of something couldn't sell it at a profit.  What I was saying is that usually when you just want to get rid of something (ditch), it's less about the money more about selling fast.  For example, if I committed a crime with my '04 Mazda 3 and needed to "ditch" the car, I wouldn't list it in the classified ads for $10,000.  I would list it for $2,000.  See?

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

superchunk said:
@Lingyis, actually I will probably just do #2. I found it easier to just call all of them asking when a stock is expected. That way I don't have to wake up early. I am not an early bird. That is how I got my Wii back in February. Took 3 days.

that's true :P

for me, i got 2 wii's online, from following this xpbargains that tracks the Wii, also around february.  i think in the end, i probably still end up spending about 2 hours checking availability from the site over 1 week or so.

the Wii is an epidemic.