By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

I think it was microsoft who made the term "WII60"..

mM
Around the Network

Yup, Peter Moore coined the phrase. It makes the 360 look like it's not competing with the Wii AND sligns both systems against the PS3. Back when the PS3 cost 600, Sony didn't have a good counter to it.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

DKII said:
Well I took the three games I bought online under the 2-for-1 deal into the store today and they wouldn't let me trade them in. They got confused about how to exchange a free game and then decided that since the deal is expired I could either return them and get my money back or keep them but not exchange, oh well.

Take the games back and try again with a different individual. I took 2 of my 3 games back and exchanged them. The lady said that since it wasn't a special anymore, that she couldn't exchange the free game for free. She charged me $.01 for the exchange. I told her that wasn't going to happen. Actually I paid the penny. Essentially they treated my transaction as this:

Return: (49.99)

Return: (00.00)

Purchase 49.99

Purchase 00.01 (She manually entered a discount of 49.98)

Not rocket science. Try someone else, and tell them that someone in the games department said you could do this. Doesn't matter I guess if you run into Sony's customer service :)

bod, you're not feeding my addiction... i'm depressed...

No juicy TRU village report from Bod make me sad panda.

Around the Network
mysticD said:

I was doing xmas shopping yesterday and went to several stores -

This is absolutely insane. I wonder if Nintendo will possibly have a chance to meet all of that demand next year. Seriously, next Christmas is going to be the exact same thing all over again. I believe they could dump 5 million units on the world-wide market and sell most of them this Christmas if it was well advertised.

Bodhesvata: any word on those increased Wii shipments?  Are they coming in as large as they were scheduled?

Bodhesatva

We miss you,

I know you said you would stop posting.

But we need you man this thread is one of the most interresting on this site. I love this thread

Come back to us

I went back to Toys R Us today to finish Christmas shopping (and also to check out he clearance sale at CompUSA next door).

Anyway, they have just got in shipment for 360 Arcade version.  They are completely sold out of every 360 now.  All the Elite, Pro, Halo are gone.   They still have plenty of PS3.  Actually when I was there, older couple was asking the clerk of which system is better Playstation or Xbox.   The clerk said "PS3? and Xbox 360?" , the couple go no not the PS3, too expensive.   So is general public I think still have the mindset that PS3 is still a $500-600 system.  I am not sure if Sony will ever be out of that stigma.  So the clerk said "PS2 and 360?, I would go with Xbox 360 it's newer and have all the popular game".   I was rather surprise to hear that answer.   Anyway, the couple end up getting the PS2, because at $279.00 the Arcade is still too expensive for video game system.

Anyway, the store is very busy.  (Kinda surprising to me since it's a weekday but then again it is about two weeks to Christmas).   360 area is really busy along with the Wii section.   I was talking to a lady who is buying bunch of games for 360 (she was asking me what is "Orange Box"?)  Anyway, the trend is mom still picking up game like Transformers,  High School Musical because she know her kid like the show/movie.   She told me they already own the Nintendo big DS (she meant the Wii), but her husband want the 360 so that what she got the family for Chrismas and she try to pick out games to go with it.   So Wii60 is a real phenomenon? Or is the Wii really is gateway to other gaming system?

It was interesting to watch what people buy because it is so vastly different than what we think should sell well.  Majority of shoppers have no clue about games and they are mostly pick up game base on title names unless they have the "list".   What I do notice though is Toys R Us people are generally have good knowledge of games.  They know the different between system and even heard them recommend Rock Band for couple that was looking for Guitar Hero 3 (still sold out).

Yep guys, I've been asked to stop doing this by Toys R Us. I got a call from higher up management and everything, was pretty dramatic.

Sorry guys, have to stop :p

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I'm very sad to hear that Bod, it was very interesting thread,  I hope you didn't get into to much trouble.

Anyone else who wants to give us information should stay anom. to advoid the same fate.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"