By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Revenue of the largest computer and video game publishers worldwide in 2015 (in billion euros)

Not surprising since Sony is selling 15m+ PS4's a year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, I assume that would include hardware sales & platform royalties right?

Yes, it includes hardware sales. Not sure about royalties. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Would like to see profits. Revenue tells us some things, but profits would tell us more.

More than anything, this really tells us how absolutely dominant Tencent is right now. Games only, they're at the top by a mile.

Platina said:
Expected Sony to be number one, but never heard of Tencent :/

Well you have heard of League of Legends and Epic (unreal & Gears of war).

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Despite the amount of people who actually play mobile games, their developers clearly don't make as much as traditional gaming companies do. This graph obviously can't show the whole story, but it's nice to see traditional developers still doing well in spite of the mobile craze.

Also, those Nintendo numbers are absolutely sad compared to what they had last generation.

Except when you realize how few games King and GungHo have. A small amount of releases that leads to making the global top ten.

Of course, this would also include non-console gaming revenues for each publisher as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kumagawa said:
Platina said:
Expected Sony to be number one, but never heard of Tencent :/

Well you have heard of League of Legends and Epic (unreal & Gears of war).

They make mostly games china tough

Megaoverlord12 said:
Burek said:
Didn't expect Sony to be #1, and by almost 30% ahead of the competition, what with them having no games and all that...

Hardware. The PS4's selling at a ridiculous rate.

Nope, not hardware. Sony probbaky doesn't make more than $30 profit on every PS4 sold. what it really is are games and PS+. And by games I mean primarily royalties from 3rd party game sales. 

Intrinsic said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Hardware. The PS4's selling at a ridiculous rate.

Nope, not hardware. Sony probbaky doesn't make more than $30 profit on every PS4 sold. what it really is are games and PS+. And by games I mean primarily royalties from 3rd party game sales. 

The graph is about revenue.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Intrinsic said:

The graph is about revenue.

So? The graph is labelled "Sony computer entertainment". Which basically means PlayStation. Where do u think the money they get from royalties fall into? unless of course EA, ubisoft, namco...etc have also started making hardware. Everything Sony makes from their PlayStation division falls under Sony computer entertainment. All the revenue generated. This obviously doesn't translate to instant profit, that comes after whatever it costs them to generate that revenue is subtracted.