By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console and Games Should We Get For the Office?

Legend11 named off a lot of good reasons to get an X1 I didn't even think of. I think it comes down to:
-EA Access (instant library of games, mainly sport stuff)
-Backwards Compatability (play older 360 games)
-MCC collection ( quick play sessions/splitscreen)
-If you get Kinect there is dance central spotlight and kinect sport rivals.
-Great for multimedia. If someone wants to watch TV you can snap netflix or cable while someone else is playing a game.

Around the Network

If you are into sports games, ea access does offer great value in that regard.

That's a shame, I speak from personal experience when I say that games like Mario Party and Super Smash were just made for an office environment. Fun, exciting, competitive, share one TV, and short.

For sure you need to get rock band. Not only is it an amazing group game but you can also play a couple of songs and be completely satisfied walking away. No question at all.

Also it's a very broad audience game.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Johnw1104 said:

That's a shame, I speak from personal experience when I say that games like Mario Party and Super Smash were just made for an office environment. Fun, exciting, competitive, share one TV, and short.

A higher power than me has listed certain games that aren't on the WiiU as mandatory. :)  Also, we're concerned about the Wii U's life span.

But you guys are winning me over with this talk of Mario Party and Smash.  Perhaps we'll have to take a closer look.

Well you better listen to the higher power lol

Mario Kart is awesome as well, and I believe nintendo said Splatoon will shortly have a 4 player local mode.

mZuzek said:
Johnw1104 said:

Well you better listen to the higher power lol

Mario Kart is awesome as well, and I believe nintendo said Splatoon will shortly have a 4 player local mode.

Where did you see this? Because I don't remember ever hearing anything about that.

In fact, given how Splatoon's 2-player local multiplayer already runs at 30 FPS, I doubt 4-player would actually happen.

It was someone in these forums, I think they said it was among the upcoming updates. Having tried to find confirmation for myself just now though, it looks like it may have just been a rumor as there's no announcements about it. Too bad, that woulda been fun.

I also found this gem while searching from Forbes that they wrote back in April: Nintendo Will Sink Splatoon With Its Short-Sighted Multiplayer Decisions.

Apparently Splatoon is doomed to failure :p

Nintendo has better local multiplayer games.

"Obviously we don't want people sitting there for hours. Games like FIFA and NBA 2K will be in the selection."

Don't those games take about 20-30 mins for one game? Sounds like you are going for 2 player gaming more than anything. Should look into 4 player gaming options. Who the hell wants to watch only 2 people playing? Not me. Also, it would take longer to even be able to play if only 2 people are playing. Where the hell do you work because it seems like a pretty laid back place and I hope you have at least 1 hour lunches instead of a 35 min lunch at my work.

Get some 4 player Kart and Smash going.  Sounds a lot more fun than anything on XB1 and PS4.

Wii U with Smash, MK8 and Splatoon.