By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The ASHES 2015

who will win the ashes

Australia 7 36.84%

England 12 63.16%

Total:19

Haven't seen any chat about the ashes on vgc so I thought I would start a thread , let us know what you think of the series do far .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

It was a bit of a rude awakening for England to beat us in the first test.

Mind you, I hope the second test doesn't herald a return to us simply crushing the Brits. Close games are good games. One thing that isn't fun about Tests in England is just how often winning the toss means winning the game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Missed the first test, but things got much better with the second XD

Hopefully Australia can keep the momentum.

In my biased opinion Australia will win,but if the pitches are more of the same, it may well come down to winning the toss .
Usually after such a big win Australia are favorites but not the heavy favorites the margin implies.
To me our middle order weakness means we rely on either our openers and smith or the tail to get a score and that weakness opens up opportunities for the opposition and because this is an Ashes series with both teams having their own sets of deficiencies I feel it will be close and will come down to the winner being the side to take the most chances when they come between the two , rather than one side overpowering the other.

Both matches have been great to watch. But I'm supporting England even though I know Australia is the better team.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Congrats to England completely out played us.

That was glorious. I wanna hear the Aussies shit talk now. Actually no, for once they are quiet.

Yikes, the last match was terrible for Australia!

MoHasanie said:

For someone who doesn't follow cricket I can tell you that losing by that margin is unnatural for the favourites. It was just like they collapsed entirely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
MoHasanie said:

For someone who doesn't follow cricket I can tell you that losing by that margin is unnatural for the favourites. It was just like they collapsed entirely.

They did. England really dominated Australia throughout the match and it was very exciting to watch such great cricket. 

England have won the Ashes, and the next test series is against Pakistan in October. It will be interesting to see who wins that,  since the last time both teams played together, England got whitewashed.