By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling all Nintendo fans, It's time to stop enabling Nintendo's failures

Hello my friends, let's have a chat. Nintendo is a failure. No, that's too harsh. Nintendo is a failure this gen. Why? Because they're about to finish with their worst selling console and handheld ever. The WiiU will be lucky to crack 15m sales this generation. The Gamecube was a gigantic disaster of epic proportions and even that managed to sell 20m consoles. The WiiU can't even keep pace with the Vita. And almost all games that release on the platform flop spectacularly. That makes the WiiU a toxic platform for games in addition to being an outright disaster. 

Now what about the 3DS. Well it's not quite the flop the WiiU is but it's still a massive dissapointment. The 3DS is on track to sell maybe 65m units lifetime. Worst selling Nintendo handheld ever. Not even half of what the DS pulled. Even getting clowned by the PSP and getting wrecked by Apple and Google.

So what's my point? Well I just wanted to let everyone that it's time to stop defending Nintendo on everything. Nintendo fans, God bless them, have a tendency to never want to criticize their favorite company. That's not okay. You need to let Nintendo know when they've screwed up. You need to look them in the eyes and tell them that the WiiU is an unacceptable platform. Tell them to stop funding crap like Devil's Third.Tell them to stop prioritizing gimmicks over core gameplay that people actually want. Tell them to stop letting 3rd parties like Slightly Mad Studios abandon the console because they can't release competent hardware. 

If you never criticize Nintendo, they'll never learn from their mistakes. This is a good thing.

Thoughts?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

You shouldn't be complaining about the 3DS. The Wii U fine. There is no reason for the handheld. 50+m sold and that's horrible all of a sudden. At most, just argue it sold less than the DS. But saying its the worst is foolish.

My thought is that you'll be getting a lot of points for this thread.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

My thoughts are... I don't think 3DS can be considered a flop by any stretch of the imagination. But yes Nintendo needs to release a powerful home console. With you 100% wont support another weak console. I have a Wii U and enjoy it but I will never get another current gen system twice.

So, the fans enabled Nintendo by NOT buying the Wii U in droves? I think the sales speak for themselves when it comes to the fans dissatisfaction with Nintendo at the moment.

What else would you like fans to do? We speak with our pockets, and the people have spoken.

Around the Network

Nope cause Nintendo doesn't read forums anyway for it to matter and the only way they will learn is via poor sales which is already happening.

Now someone should do a vita thread like this since those guys are doing the samething. If the 3ds is getting "wrecked by apple and google" what is the vita doing?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

* Vision of the future *

Reporter: "Congratulations Nintendo, you managed to bounce back from your 8th gen failure in a remarkable way. What do you think was the deciding factor of this turnaround?"
Nintendo: "It all happened one fine day when people stopped defending us on video games forums."

Signature goes here!

I'm really glad some of the people who made the NX Idea/prediction threads on this site and other sites don't actually work for Nintendo, because some of the ideas these people have are really awful. 

I'm not calling out anyone in specific but just looking at some NX threads and you'll know what i'm talking about. There's a lot of them.

Fusioncode said:

Hello my friends, let's have a chat. Nintendo is a failure. No, that's too harsh. Nintendo is a failure this gen. Why? Because they're about to finish with their worst selling console and handheld ever. The WiiU will be lucky to crack 15m sales this generation. The Gamecube was a gigantic disaster of epic proportions and even that managed to sell 20m consoles. The WiiU can't even keep pace with the Vita. And almost all games that release on the platform flop spectacularly. That makes the WiiU a toxic platform for games in addition to being an outright disaster. 

Now what about the 3DS. Well it's not quite the flop the WiiU is but it's still a massive dissapointment. The 3DS is on track to sell maybe 65m units lifetime. Worst selling Nintendo handheld ever. Not even half of what the DS pulled. Even getting clowned by the PSP and getting wrecked by Apple and Google.

So what's my point? Well I just wanted to let everyone that it's time to stop defending Nintendo on everything. Nintendo fans, God bless them, have a tendency to never want to criticize their favorite company. That's not okay. You need to let Nintendo know when they've screwed up. You need to look them in the eyes and tell them that the WiiU is an unacceptable platform. Tell them to stop funding crap like Devil's Third.Tell them to stop prioritizing gimmicks over core gameplay that people actually want. Tell them to stop letting 3rd parties like Slightly Mad Studios abandon the console because they can't release competent hardware. 

If you never criticize Nintendo, they'll never learn from their mistakes. This is a good thing.

Thoughts?

@Underlined: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy ( Makes the sentence atleast partially incorrect )

@Bolded: Give Nintendo fans a break. They are acting like every other single fanbase would do if there platform was in trouble. They do want Nintendo to change for the better but the WII U does have some of Nintendo's best qualities which is worth defending.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The only really ridiculous defence of Nintendo I've seen is defending the whole no charging/power cable for the N3DS model.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'