By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ongoing VGC changes and staff tweaks observations, discussions & ramblings

Do you like the new logo?

I like it. 32 51.61%

I don't like it. 6 9.68%

I like the old one better. 10 16.13%

Isn't it too soon to forget about Iwata? 3 4.84%

Meh, whatever... 11 17.74%

Total:62
AbbathTheGrim said:
Ruler said:
game data base needs a change. Its a fricking mess, but i still use it for some reason XD

Maybe listing things that could help the data base improve could give the VGStaff an idea of what they could do to make it better, maybe?

just let us add any game from the sales data in our games collection in a page for a specific game

Around the Network

No need to panic people, return to your homes and loved ones. We shall just finish off destroying... I mean updating, the site.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ruler said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Ruler said:
game data base needs a change. Its a fricking mess, but i still use it for some reason XD

Maybe listing things that could help the data base improve could give the VGStaff an idea of what they could do to make it better, maybe?

just let us add any game from the sales data in our games collection in a page for a specific game

I remember something about the info of games being separate to the database or something and the information of games such as the game covers being taken off Gamewise, but only a Staff member could explain that info.

Conegamer said:

No need to panic people, return to your homes and loved ones. We shall just finish off destroying... I mean updating, the site.

I am afraid to go to sleep now. Better stay awake and watch this thing go down with my own eyes.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

spurgeonryan said:
Anyone ever notice the search the web feature at the bottom of thw top selling games page?

Link?

spurgeonryan said:
Top selling games at the bottom of the page, then go to the bottom of that page.

I have no forum buddy anymore....meh.

The search the web bar is still there.

The forum VGChartz Buddy is there. If you are using mobile then there is a new button you can click to costum it's view. If it isn't there it may be because the staff is working on it.

Around the Network

Everything should be back to normal for the most part, however vgcbuddy is currently disabled on mobile devices and tablets.

I will write up a post later outlining the coming changes, the primary goal right now however is to update all of the heavily outdated scripts and modules currently in use to their latest versions and resolve any problems that occur as a result of that change.

Most of the changes undertaken so far have been backend related, and functionality of certain user based interactions too, as myself and trucks move to update the scripts you should see some nice new features to both the desktop and mobile versions of the site, including swipe functionality, vgcbuddy, user toolbox and more.

Tachikoma said:
Everything should be back to normal for the most part, however vgcbuddy is currently disabled on mobile devices and tablets.

I will write up a post later outlining the coming changes, the primary goal right now however is to update all of the heavily outdated scripts and modules currently in use to their latest versions and resolve any problems that occur as a result of that change.

Most of the changes undertaken so far have been backend related, and functionality of certain user based interactions too, as myself and trucks move to update the scripts you should see some nice new features to both the desktop and mobile versions of the site, including swipe functionality, vgcbuddy, user toolbox and more.

Sweet. Thank you for your hard work.

spurgeonryan said:

Will you give us our vgchartz game database back? How it was before. It was simple and easy to use. I do not see why the gamewise site cannot be linked in that way. You do something there, it shows up here, do something here, it shows up there. Pbroy would have a purpose in life again as the head database admin.

I wasnt on the web team when it was taken away, thus ive no experience with it code wise, its not really a priority of mine currently, though another web admin might want to chime in on this.

Wow, the new VGC Buddy on the mobile site looks great but I haven't used it yet. Thanks Tachi and Trucks!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Great logo, clean, professional looking and fitting!

Good times, looking forward to changes and I'm glad to hear that you're fixing the mobile site as well.