By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SEGA would Kickstarter a new Console, would you support it?

would you support it?

5$ tier 33 5.78%

30$ tier 60 10.51%

400$ tier or above 106 18.56%

no 372 65.15%

Total:571
asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:
If its cheap and ahead of its time i will support it

What would make it ahead of it's time?

Do you remember the dreamcast ??

I don't have one. But even then, the Sega of before and the Sega nowadays are two different companies.

If they go back to that philosophy they should make something like the dc

Even if they did, they don't have the developers who can do it.

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:

I don't have one. But even then, the Sega of before and the Sega nowadays are two different companies.

Thats the biggest problem

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:
XanderXT said:
asqarkabab said:

Thats the biggest problem

Yeah...

the thing is that we just asume and think and think. there a re a lot of betknowers here but basically what it comes down to for somebody with no money. you can choose to have an idea and look for investors.
people use kickstarter not only as a kickstart but also as a positive reference. ouya is a console of 8 MIL. wether u like it or not wether powerful or not. they found some limited investors who were willing to add some millions to make more consoles.

having a new sega with the specs of a wiiu without a gamepad. with a colored screen vms. making just one prototype that is appealing is what t gets. the resource can even be 2 million. if the console prototype and os worl stable. than after that a factory is brought up to make mass production. there are so many variables that can makke things expensive or super cheap. and there are also uncontrollable variables that make companys uncertain. cause they fear an unknowing negative future. but its all a decision.

but it doesnt have to be expensive. and it doesnt even have to be fully paid by sega. maybe an investor like samsung in the past with genesis feels good for the cause. it is certainly possible. and if i can kickstart this cause then i will.

the only uncomfy feeling i have is a major one. sega is a leecher company and they show us in deeds that they dont care. tgs is not enough to show. i want a synchrone line to actually help them with kickstart. but im certainly open to the idea. i know i contradict myself cause i said i would fund day one. but i do wanna fund. i think they should regain trust first tho by at least bringing good non broken games no P2W no F2P no free games full of ads. no deleteing games on appstore or steam and losing our games digitally. there is a lot to be done on this part