By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SEGA would Kickstarter a new Console, would you support it?

would you support it?

5$ tier 33 5.78%

30$ tier 60 10.51%

400$ tier or above 106 18.56%

no 372 65.15%

Total:571
Semmie said:
the people that say no dont have any idea what they are missing. maybe its cause they are so young because they only born to see the end era of psone and start of ps2.
but anyone that at least had a genesis or dreamcast would know that sega had very different franchise then sony and nin. we all know at the time the media purposely bashed the dreamcast. and then when dc died they started crying over it while they were the same reason it died.

sega wasnt only about mismanagemeent also about betrayal. many insiders of sega were judas. they were collecting info to gove it to other partys. i remember sega trying to keep mega cde secret and dc. and they always leaked veeeeeery early; even in the NO internet era. the word spread damn fast;

but if you ignore the mismanagement and betrayals. that i never even knew about because i wasnt interested in politics and just chose the console i liked. the sega systems were and are unique.

in a time where ps1 was going mental and breing kick ass rpg
and ps2 as well. but the uniqueness of sega made it the best for me. the first party games at the time seriously killed the rest.
now im not a fan boy. and my english is kinda weak. but the message im trying to bring.
sega is unique and perhaps better.

but i understand u guys as well. sega has gone rogue and nasty wth mobile games full of P2W and full of ads and no love for us. but i like to think that there is a seed somewhere in that damned company that still wants to represent these awesome games. yu suzuki being one of them. and that dude that made rodea the sky soldier. since they left sega sega became shit.

at least yu suzuki has good ties with them.

if anyone voted no. havent you got to emotional? to fanboyed bout your sony ms nin? or do you just want to complain? ok i get it you want to be realistic. do you even know the reality? the reality is formed by the company and not by what you think. you dont trust sega anymore? well why dont you focus on what sega could be?
aint it basically the same bashing that started in the dc era?
it want even funny sega made good games in dc era back to back. and it was hilarious how ps2 cloned many games and got props for it.

there is no room for these definitions
reality, complains, pessimists, etc.
only to be neutral and color it the way you want. if you color it bad then you will probably be like the bashers and try to stop this thing florishing. and if you look on the bright side you will see streets of rage and a wonderboy 3d.
but at all times if you are utmost neutral with no form of influenc and try to look at the serious graphy portfolio IP of sega games. im sure you will love even thinking of shenmue streets of rage yakuza shining force phantasy star golden axe skies of arcady valkyria chronicles resonance of fate vanquish. etcetera jetset radio
they got games guys

and we forget it because we see abominations such as sonic06 and boom and colonial marines.
they are really bad. but its not fair.most games are unique and good
illbleed dreamcast? vote yes if you like games.

I think you're the one who doesn't understand why people are clicking no. A lot of these people probably did have dream casts. But they clicked no because it would be IMPOSSIBLE to fund an even okay console via kickstarter. With marketing, development, licensing, and game development in mind, a good console would probably cost SEGA hundreds of Millions to billions of dollars. You can't fund that with kickstarter. And even if they had that money themselves, no one said they would make a console. First off, SEGA probably would make a lot more money if they didn't spend a lot of it on a console but it also wouldn't do so well. Yes, maybe 1-4 million people who grew up with and still are fans of SEGA woulf buy it, but SEGA has a very small fanbase (especially in America and Europe) beyond that. Overall the chances of SEGA making a new console are very low 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
MikeRox said:
SEGA HD AGES needs to happen! :( They started so well with the PS3/360 port of Daytona USA and Outrun Online Arcade. I just wish they could get themselves organised and get them into a series or something.

heck no.. i'll never trust Sega with digital games.. they pulled After Burner Climax, Outrun online and Sega Rally online from the Steam/psn/live/itunes store..

Licensing issues. This is why I'd want it as a physical set. They didn't pull them from owners though, just to new buyers. Which happens when a physical run sells out too...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

gosh no. 3 systems is a lot of systems already. 4 is certainly too many.

kitler53 said:

They'd only be making one system.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:
kitler53 said:

you know what i like about the movies,...  regardless of who makes a movie i can by a dvd player and see any movie i want to.

nintendo exclusives.  sony exclusives.  microsoft exclusives.  PC exclusives.  

passing on great games because it is ridiculous to have to put at least $1,200 into hardware to play them all is pretty much the definition of the worst part of gaming.  having another system just aggrivates the problem.

Around the Network

No because 10 million dollars can't fund the development of a modern console.

Pixel Art can be fun.

kitler53 said:
slab_of_bacon said:

you know what i like about the movies,...  regardless of who makes a movie i can by a dvd player and see any movie i want to.

nintendo exclusives.  sony exclusives.  microsoft exclusives.  PC exclusives.  

passing on great games because it is ridiculous to have to put at least $1,200 into hardware to play them all is pretty much the definition of the worst part of gaming.  having another system just aggrivates the problem.

If better content were added to the market, I'm all for it.  It's selfish to think that we should get everything, let alone have the time to play them.  Great games can be played all night and still make us want to come back time and time again.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I was a Sega fan and i must say a resounding NO.

Why? Because a new console without old Sega's talent and development studios is pointless. What was good about them wasnt the hardware, but the games. I dont think present day Sammy Sega can do anything even close when they can't even localise their games outside japan.

They need to grow as a publisher and developer before they can present that offer. And, all they have done is get smaller ever since going 3rd party. I'm also betting that they are behind the fact that Persona 5 will likely be delayed to next year. Yakuza 5 localisation has taken a year aswell and i bet Sega is more responsible for that than Sony.

KyleeStrutt said:
$10m would mean a Ouya2, not a Dreamcast 2, lol.

Consoles take billions of R&D.

Unbelievable. You beat me to it.

Hunting Season is done...

If its cheap and ahead of its time i will support it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS