By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SEGA would Kickstarter a new Console, would you support it?

would you support it?

5$ tier 33 5.78%

30$ tier 60 10.51%

400$ tier or above 106 18.56%

no 372 65.15%

Total:571
Goodnightmoon said:
10 milions for a console???

O_o

That´s not even a fraction of what they need for the marketing!

Might be enough to attract Investors to further finance the console, though. And Devs which might want to develop games for the console.

@Topic. I'm a bit split over this one. SEGA would reactivate their smaller and lesser IP which are not earning enough money alone, but can help sell consoles, which would be good. On the other hand the quality of their games as a whole has dropped considerably since they went third party. So I would probably say no unless they bring back really a lot of older IP I loved back then which are not getting released anymore.

Around the Network

but then at the other hand retrovgs.com is making a console as well which is basically a playstation 2.5 with cartridges. i wouldnt mind a sega in a xbox360 way. imean yakuza 5 looks really good. why should we always come up with the millions dollars discussions. there are games on the market who were made with 2 million and became hype. oh did i say 2 mil? even less looking at minecraft. and sold for billion. here you go

sega made their old consoles cheap except sat and dc.
which was a huge gamble. surely with all these quad dual octa cores nowadays could be well implemented. not only that sega is actually still doing hardware looking at their arcade.

it wouldnt be a leap of faith of james thomas to ollie over.

SmokedHostage said:
No because Sega, to this day, can't make their business work outside of Pachinko and Sonic.

Not even Sonic works.

Semmie said:
If they are seriously making a sega. I will sell my wiiu and all its games. Even the zelda. I would keep my xbox one as a bridge untill sega has enough games. And then when there are enough games ill sell the xbox one as well. Segz has the games. People cry cause sega makes games on different consoles. Some good some bad. But sega with a console knows just what its doing. Im not talking about management. Im talking games here. And i happened to love sega games in the console days

Sega games of yesteryears are now Sega games of today.

i know sega fucked up u know. i still hate them for it. and i know the issues. but u know id like to believe in this huge pipedream. that one day we hear that sega is back in full force.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
bunchanumbers said:
Ruler said:

i cant believe that people wouldnt even donate 5$. Its SEGA,

competition is good

Competition is good when the competition IS good. This would be another mismanaged disaster along the lines of the Atari Jaguar, but worse, because it would have even less funding than Atari. Why would anyone kickstart a console from the people who allowed Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom and Aliens:  Colonial Marines to happen?

or Virtua Fighter 5, Hatsune Miku, Yakuza, Alien Isolations and many other games

Doesn't change the fact they allowed those horrible games to exist.

NiKKoM said:
I would donate Smeags kidneys AND liver for that.. the rest of Smeags lifeless body stays with me..

Can I have a tooth?

spurgeonryan said:
Yes, but everything I donate has to go towards a gift card to buy one. Maybe even half.

LOL!

asqarkabab said:
If its cheap and ahead of its time i will support it

What would make it ahead of it's time?

No. For many sound reasons already outlined.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."