By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is there so much hope for NX?

Obviously I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan. But I have owned and enjoyed their consoles like the Wii, Gamecube, Snes, N64, and the DS. 

With that said. Obviously the WiiU is (as of now) a financial failure. 

I just don't get why there should be all this realistic optimism for the NX. Third parties have obviously already abandoned Nintendo and currently the PS4 is so dominant that it doesn't even need games to sell. 

The Xbone is also quite popular. 

So why so much hope? I doubt Nintendo will be successful with the NX. 

That's me just being logical. Not trying to be biased or hateful. 

There have been like 20 threads the last few days about the NX. It makes me chuckle a bit. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

It's not hope.. It's just what happens when a platform is underperforming and you want the next one to come to at least avoid such issues or bring in more positivity to that community.

I guess it kinda is "hope" but not in the sense that you're thinking.

Sometimes hope is all we have. I mean look at Pandora's box (the box, not her vagina).

Many think that the NX will do a WII.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Why not? Improving upon on the the Wii U is not a hard task, there are so many things Nintendo done wrong that the logical step is for Nintendo to improve upon it. Normally when someone has an unexpectedly successful generation (PS2, wii, 360) they become complacent and make poor, ill thought out decisions. When they perform more modestly or fall below expectation (gamecube, Xbox, PS3) they tend to come back with a thoroughly well thought out console and business plan.

Nintendo has shown in the last year that they're ready to move with the times a bit with the plan to enter the mobile market and their acquisition of DeNA, which indicates a goal to greatly expand their online service and capabilities. They're no longer banking on the Wii audience which is all round good new for gamers. And the rumours of a shared library between console/handheld will certainly result in a more robust gaming platform then the Wii U.

I haven't heard anyone say that they expect NX to sell 100m units, people just think that it will be an improvement on what we're currently seeing from Nintendo and a far more profitable venture then the Wii U. A new system is always exciting, especially one where we don't really know what to expect.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

Obviously I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan. But I have owned and enjoyed their consoles like the Wii, Gamecube, Snes, N64, and the DS. 

With that said. Obviously the WiiU is (as of now) a financial failure. 

I just don't get why there should be all this realistic optimism for the NX. Third parties have obviously already abandoned Nintendo and currently the PS4 is so dominant that it doesn't even need games to sell. 

The Xbone is also quite popular. 

Third parties operate on a platform by platform basis, they aren't going to ignore a platform just because its Nintendo branded, they didn't ignore the wii or even the gamecube. 3DS has had very strong third party support in Japan and if Nintendo manages to merge the japanese console/handheld market they'll have a lot home console software support coming in from Capcom, Square and Level 5.

Yes, the Xbox is fairly popular but I don't see why that means Nintendo can't also be. Lets imagine the home console gaming market is 200m big. Theres no reason why Nintendo can't steal a higher fraction of that pie or potentially expand it with new ideas. Until we know what the NX is, theres more reason to hope that it'll be a success respective to what they want to achieve then there is to doubt it and believe it'll fail like the Wii U.

It will be successful like the Wii and powerful like the GC was so win win both for ninti and gamers

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Ill just get it and play several great games on it. Not sure how well it will do, but I know Ill enjoy the hell out of it...

Because handheld.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

OP should have asked "Why so much hope for NX in VGC?" This site hosts quite a big Nintendo fanbase. This explains everything.