By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Here's my guess : Nintendo will release two NX in one year

So, we all know that both 3DS and Wii U needs a replacement as quickly as its possible. We also know that the mobile is a part of the Nintendo strategy on next-generation hardware, and that Nintendo want to get "Nintendo-like" profits as quickly as its possible.

Iwata already said multiple times that handled and console device will now be connected, and share the same library, or some stuff like that. There definitely will be a connection between the NX handled and the NX home console. And we finally know that it will be revelead in 2016.

Now, here's my theory. I think that, in an January 2016 direct, Nintendo will reveal the NX handled, for a release two months later, just before the end of the fiscal year, in March 2016. For a price of 200$ roughly, backward compatible, the next mainline Pokémon at launch etc. It will also be compatible with mobile games already released.

Then, 2 month later, at E3, Nintendo will reveal to the world their new home console, which will release fall 2016 or early 2017. With a normal price of roughly 300$, backward compatible with the Wii and Wii U (only if you already had a gamepad or if you buy the handled NX, same applies for the 3DS backward compatible since I don't think the next handled will still have dual screen), enough powerful to get third party AAA port on it.

With that, they could get profits from the NX handled which will certainly sell well, they could get profits from the mobile also, and maybe even from the NX console which could sell good if handled corretly. It will be a bit costy at start though.

So, whaddya think ?

Around the Network

Can the NX threads please end.

Why not three?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

No

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I like the sound of this, sort of like the GameCube-GBA close release. Would certainly help profits too. Their in-house dev teams have been quiet for long enough to make it possible in my eyes too. If this was to happen though, I think the handheld would be revealed before the end of this year; coupled with a price cut to $150 for the 3DS XL and New 3DS XL, $99 for the 2DS/3DS and $250 for the Wii U.

Around the Network

Yeah my guess as well a handheld and a console that share the same library of games

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Could definitely be possible :P. We'll have to wait and see.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

AbbathTheGrim said:
Why not three?

They might. Iwata mentioned if they unify the platforms somehow, they could have more than just two form factors. 

I guess...?

Honestly, who knows?

Maybe we'll get 3, or maybe even 1 game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I think NX is hybrid device of handheld and home console.