By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprise, Surprise! Splatoon Can Possibly Hit 2mil By End of Summer and 3mil By End of Year...

DolPhanTendo said:
Arlo said:
I think it will hit 2.3 by end of year and sort of peter out there. That is unless the Wii U gets a big boost from the next price drop, which is something I mention with every sales prediction.

Lol another troll not seeing the sales trends. Lol Peter out there, I guess holiday Splatoon tanks, yeah sure

I think there will be a holiday bump, then less after that.  I don't know why that's unreasonable.

Don't call people trolls for having a different opinion.

Around the Network
scorpion-tail said:
Cobretti2 said:
when you only got one game to buy that is remotely interesting on the console then you shoudl expect good sales.

these droughts are painful.

Then why does bloodborne have such low (proportionally) sales? by your logic it should be at 5 million+ right now.

perhaps because the PS4 has a vast range of game avaialble to gamers to pick from?

I highly doubt its going to hit 3m.

gatito said:
Cobretti2 said:
when you only got one game to buy that is remotely interesting on the console then you shoudl expect good sales.

these droughts are painful.

It's actually sad that you're trying to spin it this way, but the success and quality of this game are undeniable.

I never said it wasn't a good game, but when you got no competition it would be worrying if a good game did not sell well, hence why it is expected to sell well.

Cobretti2 said:
I never said it wasn't a good game, but when you got no competition it would be worrying if a good game did not sell well, hence why it is expected to sell well.

It wasn't expected to sell well.

And you're trying really hard to spin this as if the Wii U doesn't have any other games to choose from. The fact is, a lot of good games on the Wii U didn't sell that hot (namely The Wonderful 101 and even IPs like Kirby or Sonic). If your theory was correct, many games on the Dreamcast should've sold like hotcakes, but that's not the case.

Just give credit where credit is due and be done with it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Cobretti2 said:

It wasn't expected to sell well.

And you're trying really hard to spin this as if the Wii U doesn't have any other games to choose from. The fact is, a lot of good games on the Wii U didn't sell that hot (namely The Wonderful 101 and even IPs like Kirby or Sonic). If your theory was correct, many games on the Dreamcast should've sold like hotcakes, but that's not the case.

Just give credit where credit is due and be done with it.

Exactly my point. Dreamcast had many great games so the sales spread. Wii U in the last what 6months maybe more has only this one game that is remotely calssfied as good. Thefroe there will be interest. Splatoon is the only game I have bought on Wii U in the last 6 months because I already own all the ones I wanted from previous releases, there is nothing else on the radar for me to make me say I'll buy this over splatoon first. In contrast to my PS4 i have bought 6 where many have missed out.

Mystro-Sama said:
I highly doubt its going to hit 3m.

Bruh, you highly doubted alot of things for Splatoon..........

as for 3mil.... you "highly doubt" that figure? Really? Highyly doubt means in this situation it wont be close, Splatoon sold 1.08mil in under 25 days, and has some good legs.

It probably will be around 2mil by end of July in Digital+Shipped numbers, 3mil is a matter of when, not if.

Cobretti2 said:
Exactly my point. Dreamcast had many great games so the sales spread. Wii U in the last what 6months maybe more has only this one game that is remotely calssfied as good. Thefroe there will be interest. Splatoon is the only game I have bought on Wii U in the last 6 months because I already own all the ones I wanted from previous releases, there is nothing else on the radar for me to make me say I'll buy this over splatoon first. In contrast to my PS4 i have bought 6 where many have missed out.

...You do know that the Wii U has surpassed the Dreamcast in total games, right? (not counting virtual console) And the sales for the Dreamcast were not spread out, they were just bad. For example:

Top-selling game:

Wii U - Mario Kart 8 (5.11m) | DC - Sonic Adventure (2.42m)

10th best selling game:

Wii U - Splatoon (1m) | DC - J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! (.36m)

30th best selling game:

Wii U - Skylanders Swap Force (.42m) | DC - Sakura Wars (.11m)

Regardless, your sentiment about Splatoon being the only good release on the Wii U so far this year is purely subjective. People have enjoyed Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, some enjoyed Mario Party 10. People in Europe got to enjoy Yoshi's Woolly World. Those in Japan got Dragon Quest X, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Rodea the Sky Soldier. And that's not counting the eShop games that have come out like Affordable Space Adventures, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Don't Starve and Art Academy: Home Studio (which got a physical release in Europe).

I'm not talking about the PS4 here as it's irrelevant to what you're trying to say about the Wii U.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Not surprised at all. It's a great game. My only question is, should they focus on a sequel or invest in longevity with annual DLC releases like destiny?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

What other good games have released for WiiU so far this year? The console is seriously lacking third party support with very little exclusives to make up for it. I would expect a good game on a console with such a sparse lineup to sell pretty well.