By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Wii U's million sellers

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I predict that anything with the words mario or smash in it will sell over a million. I win!

Wrong. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games will never sell a million.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I predict that anything with the words mario or smash in it will sell over a million. I win!

Wrong. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games will never sell a million.

I believe it will have legs, sir. JK no...im kidding you got me. Most games with Mario in it.

I think 25 million sellers,Bayonetta 2

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I believe it will have legs, sir. JK no...im kidding you got me. Most games with Mario in it.

It's funny because that game actually did have legs. It only sold like 16k copies in its first two weeks and now it's almost at 600k (at least, according to VGC).

But anywho, you're right, most Mario games do the job. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

It will have at least 20 games in the million seller category.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
traveler72 said:

Few jrpgs have legs but it's still more than enough to surpass the first game ltd eventually.

Except xenoblade did have some legs compared to Xenoblade X.  It was the first of it's kind, this is a sequel.  Xenoblade X did 85k first week and by week 3 it is 4k and quickly off the top 50.  Media create had xenoblade on wii at 160k.  I hate to  break it to you guys but it's not happening.  Games like this don't suddenly start selling good again, they get returned to the store and quickly drop in price.

if we add digital sales, Xeno X should be anywhere between 115 and 125k right now in japan. It doesn't have to sell well again, if it keeps the usual jrpg legs it will surpass the first game with ease.

traveler72 said:
johnsobas said:

Except xenoblade did have some legs compared to Xenoblade X.  It was the first of it's kind, this is a sequel.  Xenoblade X did 85k first week and by week 3 it is 4k and quickly off the top 50.  Media create had xenoblade on wii at 160k.  I hate to  break it to you guys but it's not happening.  Games like this don't suddenly start selling good again, they get returned to the store and quickly drop in price.

if we add digital sales, Xeno X should be anywhere between 115 and 125k right now in japan. It doesn't have to sell well again, if it keeps the usual jrpg legs it will surpass the first game with ease.

no it won't at all.  Even the xenoblade on wii didn't sell more than 20k after this many weeks and that had much better legs up until this point.  X has been out of the top 50 for quite a while, the top 50 is literally around 800 units at this point.  

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
traveler72 said:

no it won't at all.  Even the xenoblade on wii didn't sell more than 20k after this many weeks and that had much better legs up until this point.  X has been out of the top 50 for quite a while, the top 50 is literally around 800 units at this point.  

Whatever, the numbers will come eventually.

traveler72 said:
johnsobas said:

Whatever, the numbers will come eventually.

ok, "whatever" i guess. The facts just don't support the way you want things to turn out. This type of attitude just amazes me, it's like you're so blind by your fanboyism you can't see the obvious. This is coming from a guy that loves the series.

Mod edit:

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X