By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Outsold PS4 During E3 Week! ( In The US )

so winning one week has become announcement worthy to MS?

I'll like to see what happens next year.

Around the Network

Microsoft may have outsold the PS4 but they are still behind worldwide. Sony's strategy is very different than Microsoft because they are conecetrating on the core gamer. Microsoft is playing "Catch up" because they are now realizing people are buying consoles for the sole purpose of playing video games, not watching TV.

metalgear3 said:

Microsoft may have outsold the PS4 but they are still behind worldwide. Sony's strategy is very different than Microsoft because they are conecetrating on the core gamer. Microsoft is playing "Catch up" because they are now realizing people are buying consoles for the sole purpose of playing video games, not watching TV.

It wouldn't be an Xbox One thread without comments like this. 

Teeqoz said:
It had nothing to do with E3. It was the 1TB bundle.

Pretty much this

That's not surprising since X1 did have the new bundle and the BC feature might have appealed to a couple of people. X1 would have probably won last month if there was no PS4 Batman bundle.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Definitely in terms of immediate consumer effect the b/c announcement would give the best short terms boost to sales. But really, in terms of broader appeal, the new games announced by Sony are more exciting to the gamer base. Does a one week spike in sales and a win on one means of viewing E3 really equal a win? I think that's a hard sell.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Definitely in terms of immediate consumer effect the b/c announcement would give the best short terms boost to sales. But really, in terms of broader appeal, the new games announced by Sony are more exciting to the gamer base. Does a one week spike in sales and a win on one means of viewing E3 really equal a win? I think that's a hard sell.

Most people who consider that Sony won E3 is because of the 3 big games they announced, TLG, Shenmue 3, and FF7Remake, but they also seem to be forgetting that most of those games won't be releasing until at 2017 or something by soonest and that only one of them is exclusive, that being TLG. 

I think in terms of what was shown MS had shown stuff that had broader appeal as you will be playing it sooner. 

Protendo said:

All it took was
Announcement and immediate availability of the Xbox One 1TB version
Announcement of free games
3 free games from the Microsoft store
Backwards compatibility
Slower PS4 sales because people were waiting a week for the Batman Bundle.

/slow clap

No. The new skew just released and announced on E3 day is what did it. The deals helped. Without it would of lost that week. All that for one week is not a victory, it's bleeding.

The Xbox One is neck and neck with PS4 in the US. So I guess PS4 is bleeding as well? Bleeding... slightly... less? 

Next time in Microsoft's PR team, they will do a promotion bundle on christmas day, manage to outsell ps4, and declare that they won the holidays.

Yeah, I saw this clickbait article earlier. It doesn't really matter if the xbox one won that week in the US when they lost the month in the US. Sony had a better awe inspiring E3 show and more megatons.