By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Outsold PS4 During E3 Week! ( In The US )

Ali_16x said:
Lol the main reason was because of the Batman Bundle, no one is buying PS4s before then.

So any time a console is sold that has a game bundled with it, we should discredit the sale of the console? Because if you're buying a console for games, you aren't doing it for the right reasons? Solid logic. 

Around the Network
TheSting said:
MoHasanie said:

2014 was a great year to own a Wii U, 2015 for X1, and 2016 for the PS4. Nice to see each console have a good year with really good games. 

If Scalebound and QB have good showings then MS will have a very good 2016 as well

True but Scalebound, QB and Crackdown won't be better than Halo 5, Tomb Raider and Forza 6 IMO. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
TheSting said:

If Scalebound and QB have good showings then MS will have a very good 2016 as well

True but Scalebound, QB and Crackdown won't be better than Halo 5, Tomb Raider and Forza 6 IMO. 

Gears as well right? When's Gears coming out? 

TheSting said:
MoHasanie said:

Oh yeah, that's true! Forgot about Gears. Well, yeah, then 2016 can possibly be better than 2015 forthe  X1. 

MoHasanie said:
That's not surprising since X1 did have the new bundle and the BC feature might have appealed to a couple of people. X1 would have probably won last month if there was no PS4 Batman bundle.

And without the trade-in deals and free games, neither would MS.  What's your point?

@ OP

Quite the reach from MS.  It really just helps point to what must have been a drop off for them after that week and/or a nice boost for PS.  Either way, it just highlights a loss.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yep and Microsoft will get another one when Gears, Halo Tomb Raider are available during fourth quarter (especially black friday). This is a really good year to own an Xbox One. Can't wait for Gamescom.

2014 was a great year to own a Wii U, 2015 for X1, and 2016 for the PS4. Nice to see each console have a good year with really good games. 

Ive had a PS4 and Xbox One both simultaneously since last year. I can tell you when my cousin gave me his Xbox One that he didnt use  and I actually played it I had more fun. In terms of quality exclusives I think Microsoft has the good ones even though Sony was no slouch with InFamous and Killzone. Having Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Dead Rising 3. My PS4 will get some love next year no doubt. No way am I buying the Uncharted Collection right now unless its on sale. I played that trilogy to death. 

MoHasanie said:
TheSting said:

Oh yeah, that's true! Forgot about Gears. Well, yeah, then 2016 can possibly be better than 2015 forthe  X1. 

It will most definitely be both the PS4 and Xbox Ones year for new IP. Can't wait. Its always great to fall in love with a new generation of characters.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:

Ive had a PS4 and Xbox One both simultaneously since last year. I can tell you when my cousin gave me his Xbox One that he didnt use  and I actually played it I had more fun. In terms of quality exclusives I think Microsoft has the good ones even though Sony was no slouch with InFamous and Killzone. Having Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Dead Rising 3. My PS4 will get some love next year no doubt. No way am I buying the Uncharted Collection right now unless its on sale. I played that trilogy to death. 

The Xbox has been a good console for a Western audience, much better than the PS4 in terms of exclusives. 

Danman27 said:
Ali_16x said:
Lol the main reason was because of the Batman Bundle, no one is buying PS4s before then.

So any time a console is sold that has a game bundled with it, we should discredit the sale of the console? Because if you're buying a console for games, you aren't doing it for the right reasons? Solid logic. 

I'm not discrediting the Xbox sales, I'm talking about the PS4 sales, and the PS4 console sales were low because people were waiting for this bundle. Yeah, that's a pretty solid logic.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

LOL.

Imagine if Sony made a claim like this in the last generation. They would have been laughed right out of the room. Much like Microsoft deserved to be laughed out here. Xbox won April NPD, congratulations and well deserved. But this is just clutching at straws. I honestly can say Xbox has a decent chance of coming out even or even winning the US this generation(with extreme price cuts and marketing), but this is just desperate.