By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which handheld has the best upcoming games?

Which handheld has the best upcoming line-up?

3DS 267 74.17%

Vita 93 25.83%

Total:360
gabzjmm23 said:
midrange said:

The thread is still biased imho, but that is not the main issue.

What really annoys me on this is that people got mad that there were no vita games on the list. The op's reason was that no one made a detailed list. Then, when 2 people actually put in the work to make a list, their work is ignored.

I don't have a vita, I have a 3ds, but even I was annoyed when there is no vita/tablet/phone game when people put actual work that could be used

i just visited the first page after my post. and the author of this thread didn't put those games yet, not sure if he is banned, or haven't logged in to VGChartz forum.  And I don't know if Mods can put the list to the OP or to be exact, in the second post. 

No idea, but I hope it changes to include the work that the other guys did. I also hope someone takes an initiative to add mobile games

Around the Network

The author of the thread is banned, so he couldn't put the list in the OP if he tried.

Edit: Looks like his ban is over. He probably just gave up on the thread at this point.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Thanks for all the nasty comments. Updated the thread because I'm "oh so biased".

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Maraccuda said:

Vita is getting a lot of niche japanese games as usual while 3DS is getting games with some slightly more variety.

I didn't know niche was an homegeneous type of game. Learn something every day

Skullwaker said:

I'd definitely add Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Etrian Odyssey V, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Project X Zone 2, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Stella Glow and The Legend of Legacy to the 3DS side.

I'm very glad that both handhelds are getting so much support!

Do you want to write something nice about Etrian Odyssey V? I don't know anything about that franchise.

And if you write something nice about AC: HHD you might be able to convince me that it isn't shovelware! :)

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Do you want to write something nice about Etrian Odyssey V? I don't know anything about that franchise.

And if you write something nice about AC: HHD you might be able to convince me that it isn't shovelware! :)

Yeah when I get home later tonight I'll write something up for both of them.

If we're including games only confirmed for Japan, I could also add The Great Ace Attorney, Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ and, if you're feeling generous, Style Savvy 3.

Skullwaker said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Yeah when I get home later tonight I'll write something up for both of them.

If we're including games only confirmed for Japan, I could also add The Great Ace Attorney, Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ and, if you're feeling generous, Style Savvy 3.

It's best we limit it to games that will likely come to the West or people will start complaining again. :p

If you think there's a high probability it will be coming to the West you can include it, but please explain your reasoning while doing so. :)

Alkibiádēs said:
It's best we limit it to games that will likely come to the West or people will start complaining again. :p

If you think there's a high probability it will be coming to the West you can include it, but please explain your reasoning while doing so. :)

To be fair, all three of those games should come west since they belong to franchises that almost always do. The only Ace Attorney game that didn't make it was Investigations 2 on the DS, but that's pretty much it.

But yeah, I understand. I'll state my case later, lol.

Alkibiádēs said:

not sure if you have stated it in the first post. as some poster would complain. :)

with regard to the thread title, the more popular and established IP would normally win polls since they have a stronger lineup. it doesn't mean that vita doesn't have great games. it does, but it is just not widely known and supported outside Japan.

Kresnik said:

DanganRonpa: Another Episode

The third DanganRonpa game to hit the Vita, after the succesful DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair. This game takes a new approach in the series: horror-based third person shooting, rather than Visual Novel sections. You can chose between the Komaru Naegi or Genocide Jill.  Jill is a timed-used character, so she can be considered the "easy" version. Komaru shoots "truth" bullets from her megaphone, in an amusing twist on the formula of the first game, and can make the game more difficult. This is the first game in the series to introduce new gameplay mechanics and it also includes a lot of sexualized content (fanservice if you will). My only complaint about this game is that it hasn't released yet. Can't wait for a next-gen DanganRonpa game...

Hype meter: 10/10

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus

The fifth Atelier game to hit the Vita, after the somewhat disappointing Atelier Ayesha. Why do I say disappointing? Well, Ayesha was the first game in a new sub-series and as such spent much of its time world-building and didn't spend long enough on characterization. At its core it was still a decent game however. In the newest Atelier title two worlds collide, namely the worlds of Escha the alchemist and Logix the adventurer. This provides a dual-perspective story for the first time in a number of years for the series. I just hope this game fixes the problem Ayesha had with tutorials.

KanColle Kai

Kantai Collection released in 2013 in Japan and quickly became a phenomenon because of compelling premise and cross-media promotion (anime etc.). What exactly are the girls in  KanColle you ask? They're neither girls nor battleships, they're both! The franchise battles this ship girls against each other in intense turn-based battles. Japan will already be getting KanColle Kai in 2015, but cross your fingers and toes for NISA picking up this one in the USA in 2016 thanks to a friendly relationship with Kadokawa Games!

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

One of the biggest third party games in Japan is coming to the Vita next year! The first Dragon Quest title is being localized for PS4 this year. There's no doubt that this game will be localized as well. Dragon Quest Heroes is an action rpg where you fight giant monsters to for fun because games are about fun. You can go to other levels to fight other giant monsters. This is the only way you'll have more fun. Dragon Quest Heroes also has a heavy emphasis musou-style massive battles.

Dragon Quest Builders

What? Another Dragon Quest game? Yep! This spin-off game makes great use of Minecraft-style cubes to deliver some truly terrible graphics for Vita. I'm actually more excited for this game than the mainline Dragon Quest games. I'm not sure what exactly this game is about, but I think this game will focus more on a building because of the word "Builders" in the title. It has already been confirmed to be an RPG though.  Hopefully this game gets localized as well, although I think the chances of this happening are lower than Dragon Quest Heroes 2. Square Enix would be dumb not to bring it over to the West though!

Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space

A lot of people seem to think Earth Defense Force 2 on the Vita will be a mere port or even worse a "demake". Don't be fooled by the ignorance of these people though. EDF2 on the Vita will include new missions, a new class (see picture), improved graphics, co-op across all missions, 4 player online support and over 400 weapons. This will definitely be the definitive version of EDF2.  And the game is confirmed as coming west later this year!

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, the second game in this franchise, was not a new IP created by Bandai Namco for the Vita. It managed to sell over 400,000 copies and surprised Bandai Namco. Yes Bamco, Sony owners like(d) your games, too bad you treat them like crap most of the time. Sword Art Online is a lot like the older .hack games. It has a unique combat system, inspired by MMO's involving using up a "burst gauge" to attack, then using special attacks in between.  The game also had a very anime artstyle. There was one major flaw though: the base game from the PSP (Infinity Moment) is included and is based on very dull floor clearing in samey dungeons. It still far outstayed its welcome however, it was some of the worst padding I've ever seen. Let's hope the sequel improves on this one big flaw!

World of Final Fantasy

This game came as quite a surprise at E3, I don't think anyone expected a chibi monster-collecting Final Fantasy. Yet here it is. This game revolves around monster collecting. The central gimmick of this game will be the "Tower stacking" mechanic where the Monsters will climb on top of each other, this will be used within battles. It has cross play with the PS4 version. My major complaint about this game is the fact that it uses chibi models when the realistic models are so much better. I'd have rather seen a true Final Fantasy game on the Vita, but at least this game takes some risks with the franchise

Hype meter: 100/10

bumping this.  @Alkibiádēs please help to add in the second post.