By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 11 (2008) No more heroes first week

France charts (the top 20):

http://www.gamekult.com/blog/marchiavel/

1.MARIO & SONIC AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Sega) NDS (-)
2.MARIO & SONIC AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Sega) Wii (-)
3.NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (Nintendo) NDS (-)
4.Wii PLAY (Nintendo) Wii (+1)
5.SUPER MARIO GALAXY (Nintendo) Wii (+2)
6.MARIO PARTY DS (Nintendo) NDS (+3)
7.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL DU Dr. KAWASHIMA (Nintendo) NDS (+3)
8.ARMY OF TWO (Electronic Arts) PS3 (-2)
9.PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 (Konami) PSP (-1)
10.MARIO KART DS (Nintendo) NDS (+2)
11.LEA: PASSION BEBE (Ubisoft) NDS (-)
12.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL AVANCE (Nintendo) NDS (+1)
13.CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (Activision) PS3 (+2)
14.ARMY OF TWO (Electronic Arts) 360 (-10)
15.MX Vs. ATV: EXTREME LIMITE (Activision) PS3 (E)
16.CEREBRALE ACADEMIE sur Wii (Nintendo) Wii (+1)
17.BULLY: SCOLARSHIP EDITION (Take Two Interactive) 360 (E)
18.SUPER MARIO 64 DS (Nintendo) NDS (-)
19.COOKING MAMA 2 (505 Games) NDS (E)
20.GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK (Activision) Wii (R)

Around the Network

Voilà les charts SELL-GFK des ventes des jeux consoles en France pour la semaine du 10 au 16 mars 2008.

Cette semaine est assurément celle des déroutes en série. La première d'entre elles et sans doute la plus emblématique : celle de la Xbox 360 en France. Alors que le 14 mars voyait entrer en application les nouveaux tarifs agressifs de Microsoft (avec le pack Arcade à 199 €... soit 50 de moins qu'une Wii, le pack Premium à 269 € et le Pack Elite à 369 €)... les effets sur les ventes de jeux estampillés 360... sont semblent-ils inexistants avec 2 jeux classés dont le premier (Army of Two, 14eme) dévisse même de 10 places. Même si le plan média est prévu pour s'étaler jusqu'au mois de juillet, la situation semble désormais très mal embarquée. Car même à 99 €, on sait ce qu'il en a été du destin du Gamecube...

Mais certains titres très attendus sur Wii se prennent aussi quelques méchantes vestes : Bully (qui confirme son flop en deuxième semaine... là où la version 360 parvient à surnager), Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn et No More Heroes font ainsi un piètre zéro pointé. Et si pour le second titre, on pourra toujours y voir un genre de niche (le tactical RPG), les deux autres ne peuvent pas se cacher derrière une telle excuse, soit qu'ils soient dans un genre à la mode (le GTA-like pour Bully)... soit qu'ils aient eu droit à une exposition télé (No More Heroes). C'est donc vraiment la soupe à la grimace cette semaine pour les jeux orientés gamer sur Wii !

Machine Translation:

Here are charts SELL-GFK of the sales of the console games in France for the week from the 10 to March 16, 2008.

This week is undoubtedly that of the routs in series. The first of them and undoubtedly emblématique: that of Xbox 360 in France. Whereas on March 14 saw coming into force the new aggressive price(with the pack Arcade € 199 ... or 50 less than Wii, the Premium package at € 269 and the Elite Pack to € 369). .. The impact on sales of 360 games ... Seem to be non-existent with only 2 games charted of which the first (Army of Two, 1ême) drops 10 places. Although the media campaign is scheduled to take place until July, the situation now seems very badly board. Even at € 99, we know what has been the fate of the Gamecube ...

But some highly anticipated titles on Wii will also take some bad jackets: Bully (which confirms its failure in second week... whereas the 360 version manages to survive), Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and No More Heroes make a poor zero thus pointed. And if for the second title, it will still be seen as a kind of niche (the tactical RPG), the other two can not hide behind such an excuse, or whether they are in a kind fashion (GTA - Bully for like) ... Either they have been entitled to a TV exposure (No More Heroes). It is thus really soup with the grimace this week for the games directed towards Wii core gamers

So, 360 price drop didn't have much effect in France. Sony France said PS3 outsold 360 3-1 last week too.

For the France, wait the next week. I think vegas 2 on 360 will outsold the ps3 version easily, if it is as in the others country. For me who see what hapened to the 360 at online french retailer, i can confirm that there is actually a few 360 in stock.
You can see here for exemple:

http://online.carrefour.fr/jeux-video-et-consoles/x-box-360/console627/

or here:

http://www.auchan.fr/vad/index.jsp?rayon=22524&ssrayon=22708&etapeaac=1

At carrefour and auchan online, so no 360 in stock.

The best place to find 360 in stock is here:

http://www.alapage.com/-/Recherche/?pos=2&id=233061178660804&donnee_appel=ALAPAGE&type=52&ap=1&adv=1&dispo=0&requete=xbox+360+console&mot_titre=&mot_editeur=&mot_consoles=&mot_genre=&mot_support=&prixmin=&prixmax=&dateli=&moismin=&anneemin=2008&moismax=&anneemax=2008&mot_res_comment=&sort=defaut&x=0&y=0

There is 4 sku in stock, but before, they were more sku in stock.

or here:

http://www.scory.com/eDevScripts/mgrqispi101.dll?appname=WEBGSYS&prgname=resultatrecherche&rayon=XBOX360&famille=console

At amazon.fr, there is only two sku in stock:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/15860671/ref=pd_ts_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

At micromania, it's the same situation:

http://www.micromania.fr/vente/rayon.php?mach=XBOX360&format=Console

aT FNAC:

http://recherche.logiciel-jeux-video.fnac.com/n32589/Jeux-Xbox-360/Consoles-de-jeux

We remark, that the elite, or console bundled with forza 2 only, are hard to sell, but the others sku are now hard to find.

So, yes 360 sells bad, but the offer is not very good.

Sure, Vegas 2 even outsold the PS3 version in Italy and 360 still has a 600k+ install base in France compared to nearly 700k for PS3, so it's not a big difference, Vegas 2 should easily sell more on 360 than PS3.

Surprising that there are very few 360s in stock in France (atleast online), I don't understand why that should be.

BKK2 said:
Sure, Vegas 2 even outsold the PS3 version in Italy and 360 still has a 600k+ install base in France compared to nearly 700k for PS3, so it's not a big difference, Vegas 2 should easily sell more on 360 than PS3.

Surprising that there are very few 360s in stock in France (atleast online), I don't understand why that should be.

You are right "online".  For the moment, i can't go to real store to see the situation. But, i can confirm, that online the stock of 360 discrese since the price drop. Before, they were 360 at carrefour and auchan, 6 different sku availaible at alapage, and more that 4 sku available at amazon.fr.

I ask me, if the purpose of this price drop is to sell the sku which are hard to sell to replace them by a new sku, as a bundles with gta4 for exemple. 

Around the Network

An explanation:

Une baisse de prix sous-exploitée
Microsoft continue, malheureusement, d'accumuler les erreurs marketing et de gestion. Si tout le monde, aussi bien les joueurs que les acteurs du monde vidéo-ludique, a salué la baisse de prix de la console, on ne peut que constater que ses effets ont été considérablement réduits à cause d'un stock insuffisant, et à cause d'un loupé stupéfiant de Microsoft...

Plus de détails ci-dessous, et c'est une exclue Xboxygen.

On sait tous que les chiffres de ventes de la Xbox 360 aux Etats-Unis sont largement pénalisés par une rupture de stock qui dure déjà depuis un moment là-bas, problème qui ne sera pas résolu avant courant Avril d'après les déclarations de Microsoft.

Ce qu'on sait moins, c'est que le phénomène est actuellement le même en Europe. Si je n'ai pas eu de confirmation pour tous les pays, je les ai eues pour le Royaume-Uni et pour la France.
En effet, les ventes de 360 ont largement progressé depuis la baisse de prix outre Manche (+40% la semaine suivant la baisse, alors que cette baisse n'ayant pas été annoncée, les ventes n'avaient pas vraiment baissées la semaine précédente), mais elles auraient pu être nettement plus importantes...s'il y avait eu des Xbox 360 à vendre. A peine l'annonce de la baisse de prix effective, les consoles se sont vendues très vites, et il est devenu compliqué d'en trouver une. Microsoft s'est officiellement excusé pour ça.

Par contre, pour la France, aucun communiqué...et pourtant, il y aurait de quoi.
Déjà, la baisse de prix a été annoncée très tardivement aux revendeurs. Résultat : ils ne savaient pas à quel prix la vendre et n'ont pas pu se préparer correctement. C'est également l'explication de la communication si tardive sur les surfaces de vente.
Pire : il n'y a eu aucune livraison de consoles chez les plus gros revendeurs depuis la baisse de prix! Le résultat est sans appel : depuis la baisse de prix les ventes ont connu un pic très net...largement en-dessous de ce qu'il aurait pu être, faute de consoles à vendre.
On peut naturellement trouver des consoles dans certaines chaines de distribution ou bien dans les grandes surfaces de province, mais leur quantité reste faible, et dans les points de vente les plus fréquentés, c'est la rupture depuis déjà un moment...depuis la baisse de prix, pour être plus précis!

Plus que jamais, on peut se demander à quoi joue Microsoft!

Je me doute que cette information ne sera pas commentée par Microsoft, mais elle m'a été confirmée à la fois par un contact dans une grande chaine de revente et par un contact dans la distribution de jeux (des personnes qui ont constaté les faits...et qui sont également abonnées aux résultats Européens publiés par GFK).

Machine translation:

A price reduction under-exploited
Microsoft continues, unfortunately, to accumulate errors marketing and management. If everyone, both players in the field of video entertainment, welcomed the lower prices of the console, one can only note that its effects have been significantly reduced due to insufficient stock, and Due to a staggering loupé Microsoft ...

More details below, and it's a Xboxygen excluded.

We know that all sales of the Xbox 360 in the United States were largely affected by a breach of stock, which had already lasted a moment there, a problem that would not be resolved before current April from the statements of Microsoft .

What is less well known is that the current phenomenon is the same in Europe. If I did not have confirmation for all countries, I have had for the United Kingdom and France.
Indeed, sales of 360 have made significant progress since the price drop further Manche (+40% in the week following the decline, although this decline has not been announced, sales had not really lowered the previous week) , but they could have been much higher ... if there had been selling Xbox 360. Just after the announcement of the price reduction effective, the consoles are sold very quickly, and it became hard to find one. Microsoft has officially apologized for that.

However, for France, no news ... and yet there would be otherwise.
Already, the price drop was announced very late for retailers. Result: they did not know what price to sell it and have not been able to prepare properly. It is also an explanation of the communication so late on the surfaces of sale.
Worse still, there was no supply of consoles from the largest retailers from the lower prices! The result is plain: since the decline in sales prices have experienced a peak net ... very far below what it could have been, for lack of consoles for sale.
It can be found naturally in some consoles distribution chains or supermarkets in the province, but their quantity is still low, and from outlets the most popular is the breakdown for quite since the moment ... price reduction, to be more precise!

More than ever, one wonders what Microsoft plays!

I suspect that this information will not be commented on by Microsoft, but it has been confirmed both by a colleague in a large chain of resale and a contact in the distribution of games (those who have seen the facts. .. and who are also subscribers to the results published by Europeans GFK).

Link

So, it's not only at online retailer, what i said.

It's what i have seen, the 360 disappears, and not new 360 replace those who have disappears.
But, maybe as i said before, it could be an idea of microsoft to sell the sku which are hard to sell.
For the information of new price at french retailer, you can see that:

http://www.promoconso.net/article.php?x=cor260308_2_040

So Cora don't give the 360 premium at the new price, but the old price. It's an advertise from 26 march to 4 april.

You can also see that:

http://www.promoconso.net/article.php?x=car190308_1_097

The sku is sell 299 € instead of 269 €