By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 11 (2008) No more heroes first week

What is with M&S?! Although I've always said this game would be huge, even I am amazed at it's sales in Europe.

Can any of our European members suggest how this games keeps on returning to #1?

Around the Network
kamil said:
This is the first week (however not a full one) with X360 price drop. There is some bump for X360 software (Cod4: 17->13, Bully: 6->5, Halo 3 and Guitar Hero are back in top 40) but it isn't spectacular.
Does it mean that X360 price drop had only little effect on sales? Or mabye sales will go up in the next week?
I was thinking the same but I think that most people who wanted to buy a 360 waited till the end of the week and didn't buy one in the beginning of the week. So sales ended up a little higher as last week but 70-80% of the sales  were on friday the last day of the week and the first day of the price drop. So next numbers will show us how high the sales are after the price drop.

[

Gamerace said:
What is with M&S?! Although I've always said this game would be huge, even I am amazed at it's sales in Europe.

Can any of our European members suggest how this games keeps on returning to #1?

We like mario, sonic and the olympic games. I don't know how it is in other countries but here in the Netherlands, there is a kids tv program where they play this game, so every kid how watches that and sees other kids having so much naturally wants it.  

So the 360 price drop has already been put into effect?

If so it will be interesting to see these weeks hardware sales.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

People are forgetting this is the censored version. Hopefully it sells like CRAP so they'll take note on not to censor it next time.

DON'T BUY PAL NMH. Get freeloader and US version! And smash bros..lol. I have.

---

Around the Network

Whats with these old games showing up in the top 40? Resistance?

Uncharted might move back into the top 20!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bully on Wii wasn't even on the charts last week then this week it hopped up into the center of the chart, not bad for yet another port.

Go No More Heroes !!!
Damn M&S just doesn't quit !!

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

M&S doesen't quit, and the Olimpyc Games not yet come.... i think in june/july this game rise again.

Caccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :P

FishyJoe said:
There is just no quit in M&S!!!

Heh. and people just wouldn't listen when I tried to explain that M&S (Wii) had all the ingredients to be a smash hit.

Just watch it stay in the charts, and really explode when the Olympics get near.

It may not be until early '09 before its actually gone from the charts (still barely played it!).

BTW - I'm thinking that my prediction for PS3 at end of '08 is now heavily underdone. Should do an extra 2-3m more - but gonna stick with my numbers, to see how wrong I was :)

No More Heroes is probably my next purchase... playing Zak & Wiki now, but not really enjoying it :( 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099