By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The next xbox name.

Xbox 3.11

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I was actually thinking of making this thread yesterday but then I thought nah because they could really name it anything, probably centered around some gimmick. I always liked the name of SEGA's consoles but if there is a next Xbox it will no doubt have a boring name.

The BOX formerly known as Xbox.
aka Prince Box
I really have no idea where they will go with the next name. I'm kinda up in the air if I really want them to or not. If they do go with another system I think they should just give it a name. Xbox spartan,Xbox infinite , Xbox dreamcast 2.

Xbox Azure, Xbox 10, Xbox Cloud, Xbox Zero, Xbox Max, Xbox Live, Xbox Quantum, Xbox infinity, Xbox Stream...

After going from 360 to one, It's hard to try and predict.

If we look at Xbox One, that was chosen as it was supposed to be the 'one' box for your living room (obviously didn't work out bu that's another story). What does MS want the next xbox to be?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Low78wagon said:
aka Prince Box
I really have no idea where they will go with the next name. I'm kinda up in the air if I really want them to or not. If they do go with another system I think they should just give it a name. Xbox spartan,Xbox infinite , Xbox dreamcast 2.

I actually kinda like that name. The console would just be master chiefs helmet and you lift up his visor and put the discs into his mouth hue

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Xbox 10 ( The Windows 10 Pc in a small case )

You have hit the Homerun!

I was thinking this too.  It almost makes too much snes though...

It is near the end of the end....

Low78wagon said:
aka Prince Box

I really like Spartan. it's relevant to the brand because of Halo and Spartan suggests a cut-back, fundamentally strong console. Kinda how the PS4 was presented. Now I'll go off to dream about a pure performance powerhouse of a console... :)

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

They don't want to copy Sony and just increase the console numerically, but they don't want to be like Nintendo and change the name of the brand every generation.

So the next name will be Xbox + [anything]. It really doesn't have to make any sense in it, either. As long as "Xbox" is in the name, and they don't go down the path of "Xbox 1, Xbox 2, Xbox 3, etc", people will know it's the next Xbox.

XboX X realy? so we will talk about ps5 vs XXX?

generic-user-1 said:
XboX X realy? so we will talk about ps5 vs XXX?

Hopefully it'll be super sexy design (unlikely, sorry MS) so it'll be like:

"Buy the XXX, so good you just gotta kiss it"

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'