By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who will be Iwata successor?

I'm glad that people haven't jumped on this question in masses. I'm still just coming to terms with losing someone so young, someone who has been so influential to my life as a gamer. I pray for his family, and that his passing was peaceful.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

If you don't like the thread, ignore it. It will quickly move to the bottom this way.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

The internet doesn't care for something like a respectful mourning period does it? You could at least wait a day before starting to ask questions like that...

some people! *shakes head*

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It's sad. And we're all saddened by Iwata's death but it's a legitimate thread/question. I don't know why some of you are suddenly acting high and holy.

and lmfao... members talking about 'respect.' I've seen the most disrespectful, tasteless things said and discussed on these forums over the years... but suddenly this thread crosses the line? Gimme a break.

R.I.P Iwata

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Well , i hope is not Reggie.

English people would say, The king is dead, long live the king.
If all the family of Iwata were reading this forum , i would say its tasteless, but I think the post is more important for the future of Nintendo than a post where everybody cries for the man. I only hope that the next CEO of nintendo is a hardcore and pasionate gamer.

hatmoza said:

It's sad. And we're all saddened by Iwata's death but it's a legitimate thread/question. I don't know why some of you are suddenly acting high and holy.

and lmfao... members talking about 'respect.' I've seen the most disrespectful, tasteless things said and discussed on these forums over the years... but suddenly this thread crosses the line? Gimme a break.

R.I.P Iwata

Iwata in his grave probably going to sad if his fans and Nintendo fans still sad , he might asked us to move forward. That's why i still dont understand why people disagreeing with this thread. We will meat Iwata, sooner or later, we will follow him.

CrazyGPU said:
English people would say, The king is dead, long live the king.
If all the family of Iwata were reading this forum , i would say its tasteless, but I think the post is more important for the future of Nintendo than a post where everybody cries for the man. I only hope that the next CEO of nintendo is a hardcore and pasionate gamer.

Yeah agree with u, after all we will follow him sooner or later,

back to OP is it posible someone from non Japanese citizen becomes a CEO for Nintendo ?

The (often but painful) truth is that the company must go on. Especially when they had no idea it was going to happen so suddenly. For any company there needs to be a plan for things like this. Apple did it when Jobs was going through his health problems. Why wouldn't Nintendo?

So while there is time for mourning and grieving, there is also time for brainstorming on whats next for the company after the sudden passing of a CEO.

It's not saying, "forget the guy because business is more important," it saying "hey we need come up with something to keep the company going for the time being while were proceeding with CEO's passing."