By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rocket league

I started playing this game a few days ago, and I had no idea this was missing from my life. Unfortunately, I was spoiled last night playing with a group of people I knew that was actually able to utilize teamwork instead of everybody just endlessly rushing the ball in one big mashup of suck. It led to the most fun I had today playing 2 vs 2.

Honestly, it is already getting tiring playing with people that just plain suck. They don't watch the ball, predict movements, wait for their chance if the ball pops up in the air in an inconvenient place, or make any attempt to work with their teammates. I can't count the number of times a teammate has bashed me aside trying to take the ball, or came in and slammed the ball off to the side when I was an inch away from hitting it for a goal. One of the greatest offenses is thinking they can save the ball while rushing it from the side that will send it right into our goal with no intent of trying to get around it. They basically try to just hit it really hard at the goal and hope it goes off to the side or bounces off above. If you end up playing with an AI on your team because the servers are being disagreeable, that's when you really notice the discrepancy in skill. The AI works with your shots and outmaneuvers most actual people. I played a 2 vs 2 earlier where the other team ultimately left because I had an AI on my team that got a ridiculous 1,100 points during the match, a lot of its shots made off of my assists.

Don't get me wrong. I was a pretty terrible player just yesterday morning making many of these same mistakes, but it took only an hour playing with people that I knew, basically silent teamwork, to hit a point where working with the team rather than against it became the most natural thing in the world. Now I've had a few good 3 vs 3 matches today that reflected other people learning these same lessons, and we ultimately kicked all kinds of ass. I've had even more matches though where I had teammates get more goals for the opponents than the opponents did, or where they messed up shot after shot by insisting that they had to be the one to hit it even if their hit would do nothing but compromise the point that it sometimes took two minutes to just almost get. The worst is when the countdown finishes, and everybody just sits there regardless of their position thinking they should defend the goal just in case, then fail to actually block the clear shot to the goal the opponents take as they bash everybody around trying to get the save.

All in all, the game definitely needs some time for player skill to mature. A lot of people would benefit from playing with people that would actually hold them accountable for being a big bundle of suck and losing matches because they're too focused on trying to be the star.

Around the Network

Right, I have to ask guys, the 500km trophy... I thought I was doing okay in that and then looked to see how far I'd actually travelled. About 15k, in total. So I did a test, I boosted constantly around a field for the full 5 minutes, the wheels I had on only travelled 650 or so metres. But this is just from boosting constantly so it would bemore like 400 metre per game.

So... 500000/400 = 1250 games, times 5 minutes per game is 6250/60 for hours and it's 107.

107 hours in only the games to travel that distance.

But I hear people have got the trophy around the 70km mark.

Anyone got it?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Right, I have to ask guys, the 500km trophy... I thought I was doing okay in that and then looked to see how far I'd actually travelled. About 15k, in total. So I did a test, I boosted constantly around a field for the full 5 minutes, the wheels I had on only travelled 650 or so metres. But this is just from boosting constantly so it would bemore like 400 metre per game.

So... 500000/400 = 1250 games, times 5 minutes per game is 6250/60 for hours and it's 107.

107 hours in only the games to travel that distance.

But I hear people have got the trophy around the 70km mark.

Anyone got it?

Yes, it will usually pop around 70-80km mark, because it seems that wheel mileage tracking is off.

Basically, even if it says that you travelled 600m in a match, you have probably done 6-7 times as much. I read that a lot of people got it.

Unfortunately, it sems that another glitch is that it is only tracking local matches, and not online, so I guess I will never get it unless they fix it. The game is super fun, but there is zero fun in driving around in circles for hours and hours just for a trophy. I got all the others by just playing, unless the fix this one I'll just end up one trophy short I guess.

Burek said:

Yes, it will usually pop around 70-80km mark, because it seems that wheel mileage tracking is off.

Basically, even if it says that you travelled 600m in a match, you have probably done 6-7 times as much. I read that a lot of people got it.

Unfortunately, it sems that another glitch is that it is only tracking local matches, and not online, so I guess I will never get it unless they fix it. The game is super fun, but there is zero fun in driving around in circles for hours and hours just for a trophy. I got all the others by just playing, unless the fix this one I'll just end up one trophy short I guess.

Hmm, not thought to test the difference between online and offline. Maybe it only tracks when you aren't boosting or something silly like that.

You are right, no fun in driving in circles, I'm sure they will fix it. I haven't unlocked everything yet but I got the Break Shot trophy (just) yesterday (harder than it seems). I have those 2 gold and the plat left, but not sure I could have taken 1200 games to get it. I mean I love Tekken but online I've only really played about 300, I have a job. This game isn't Tekken. :P

Hmm, pie.