By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - University of Toronto will soon offer "Anti-Vaccine" course?

generic-user-1 said:
RadiantDanceMachine said:

Anyone who is still uncertain about the inefficacy of homeopathic medicine, go here immediately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z7KeNCi7g

The anti-vaccination crowd ought be ostricized to an island so as not to spread their filthy diseases to the rest of the population.

but we cant let innocent children die because their parents are stupid...

As distateful as it is, the parents have the ability to act stupidly on behalf of their children until the law is changed. There needs to be an ultimatum - vaccinate or leave. Or, something less divisive, vaccinate or you can't enroll in public schooling. That ought provide a simple solution to this.

Around the Network

More and more people are leaning agains't vaccines and they are hard at work telling everyone that vaccines are bad for human health without knowing what they are talking about. I think it's better to teach people how vaccines work and what alternatives one could take if he/she doesn't want to take the vaccine.

Hardly anyone knows what vaccines are and what it is composed of so it's easy for anyone to say they are either good or bad because people know nothing about them. I think we should be more transparent with our health situation in America. What are all those vaccines/pills/syrups/medecines for and what they do on our body and if there are side effects.

I'm not fully again't this course, I prefer people to be taught than kept in ignorance. But I don't want people to think we shouldn't trust our medecine anymore.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wait... they actually have a university course saying that vaccines are bad? That's a joke right?

Nope not a joke. Well the fact that they are serious is a bit of a joke, really. And although the fact that they are teaching false information is bad......

The biggest problem I have is that they are teaching internet statements in a post-secondary institution. I have seen too many examples of people using a secondary source to either back up their argument, or to learn from. It isn't solely from the Pseudoscience movement, either. Words can easily be twisted on the internet, yet people are quick to believe a statement that is close to their beliefs or values, and adopt said statement in their brain's educational archives for later referral and/or use. It isn't right for a prestigious University like the U of T (it's wrong for any educational institution, really) to teach students that it is ok to use a secondary source like the internet to learn from and/or use in an argument! It goes against the very idea of academics.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Wow...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

No matter how stupid this is, it's important that professionals understand it and become capable of argumenting for or against it. Studying "pseudoscience" is better than being unable to argument with those who believe it and just preaching insults like most people in this thread would do.

Around the Network
Gourmet said:
No matter how stupid this is, it's important that professionals understand it and become capable of argumenting for or against it. Studying "pseudoscience" is better than being unable to argument with those who believe it and just preaching insults like most people in this thread would do.

just call child support if parents start talking about alternative medicine...

I will take vaccines, even if it doesn't work as well as I would like it is better than nothing.

The best part? People will have to pay thousands of dollars and years of their lives to earn the honor of being misinformed.

Why is it always Toronto?

Love and tolerate.

spurgeonryan said:
So she knows a way of keeping humans from contacting small pox, polio, malaria, shingles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, anthrax, measles, hepatitis, etc?

I think the proposed method is to yell at them.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
spurgeonryan said:
So she knows a way of keeping humans from contacting small pox, polio, malaria, shingles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, anthrax, measles, hepatitis, etc?

I think the proposed method is to yell at them.

One Tumblr post a day keeps the vaccines away

#1 Amb-ass-ador