By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Shooter you played(3rd or 1st person)

I dont know if it was doom or wolfenstein. I just know it made my head hurt.

Around the Network

Doom then Quake then Duke Nukem 3D in the same time back in 1996. And they were all shareware!

mjo011 said:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (N64). Rented it and loved it, but didn't buy it until a couple of years later.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that had Turok as their first FPS game, I also played Seeds of Evil as well but never played Shadow of Oblivion.

Proud to be a Californian.

Wolfenstein 3D I think. Back in the early 90's lol. Unless you count some of the flight sim shooter games. Those might have been first.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Despite being a Sony Girl, my first shooter was Perfect Dark. Joanna Dark's name was almost the same as mine, Johanna! It was fun, because I thought the game was refering to me whenever Joanna's name was spoken. Such sweet memories.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

Probably Golden Eye or Doom. Some of you guys make me feel old...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dr.Vita said:
Does Hogs of War count?

Why wouldn't it?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

episteme said:
Dr.Vita said:
Does Hogs of War count?

Hehe, I remember "Frontschweine".

But no,  it's turn-based strategy.

Frontschweine turn based? That new stuff for me, always felt it was real time

Btw, the game is freeware nowadays, so check it out if you like.

@OP: Catacomb 3D, (predates Wolfenstein 3D by a year) unless Operation Wolf and Duck Hunt on the NES and Assault City on the Sega Master System or Shooting Gallery on my PC count

Pretty sure it was Wolfenstein 3D, or whatever the version of the game was called that was out in 1994. For some reason it was installed on the PC we had in my clinic, and I often stayed after work to play it for an hour or so, before I would walk my 30 meter commute home. The commute was pretty smooth, I would sometimes encounter the odd flying insect, but that would normally not slow things down.

FPS was not my preferred genre, but it was that, Solitaire or Minesweeper.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Doom and Golden eye 64( still the best multiplayer fps created so far)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints