By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft will skip TGS 2015

deskpro2k3 said:

This news doesn't make any sense. According to this photo on the internet, a lot of people went out to buy Xbox One in Japan.

Wins thread.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Not exactly shocking news.

pokoko said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Why the heck would the Japanese care about NFL Fever? Didn't they have any other games?

They had other games but not a lot at that point, though I have no idea why they'd even bother bringing over an NFL game.  Maybe they were just showing everything they had, even if they weren't localizing it.

If you want to read an interesting article about it, try this:  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-13-why-xbox-failed-in-japan

Thanks doe the article. It was a great read.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

hatmoza said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
hatmoza said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
hatmoza said:

When I went to TGS 2008, they had a very strong presence there. Then, they were trying to establish themselves in Japan. Fast forward 7 years and it's clear, even to Microsoft, that Japan is not interested.

You went to TGS 2008? Cool!

Yes. I still have my photo albums.  I also went to E3 2011.

Wow! What games were announced in TGS 2008 and E3 2011 that you liked when it was released?

Honestly in TGS 2008 I was too busy flirting with the Japanese booth babes. I vaguely remember LBP, Killzone 2, Yakuza 3 and Biohazard 5 being displayed as well as the improved Advent Children movie by SE. Then I was distracted by the cosplay girls in the lobby... I was 21 I please understand!!!

As for E3 I met a few VGC members. I think his username was nightsurge... and I remember him specifically because he was like 5 feet tall. As for games Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 were the games I wanted and eventually owned and loved. Dark Souls was another game but I never actually purchased. I also got to get my hands on the Vita... which was a big deal then because it wasn't released. The Wii U tablet was shown off but that was of no interest to me. The games I liked and purchased later then regreted were Zelda Sky-something for Wii and Stree Fighter X Tekken.

Here I am with the cast of Uncharted 2

Who wouldn't flirt with hot japanese booth babes? From left to right, who are the people?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
hatmoza said:

Honestly in TGS 2008 I was too busy flirting with the Japanese booth babes. I vaguely remember LBP, Killzone 2, Yakuza 3 and Biohazard 5 being displayed as well as the improved Advent Children movie by SE. Then I was distracted by the cosplay girls in the lobby... I was 21 I please understand!!!

As for E3 I met a few VGC members. I think his username was nightsurge... and I remember him specifically because he was like 5 feet tall. As for games Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 were the games I wanted and eventually owned and loved. Dark Souls was another game but I never actually purchased. I also got to get my hands on the Vita... which was a big deal then because it wasn't released. The Wii U tablet was shown off but that was of no interest to me. The games I liked and purchased later then regreted were Zelda Sky-something for Wii and Stree Fighter X Tekken.

Here I am with the cast of Uncharted 2

Who wouldn't flirt with hot japanese booth babes? From left to right, who are the people?

From left to right.

The guy who played the villian in Uncharted 2, me, Sully, and Nolan North (Nathan Drake).

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Probably a couple people would show up. Reminds me of a show where this old wrestler would go around setting up fan autograph booth at weird small town events. 

hatmoza said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

From left to right.

The guy who played the villian in Uncharted 2, me, Sully, and Nolan North (Nathan Drake).

That's pretty cool man. Hanging out with the ND crew. Nolan North is a spectacular VA. Oh btw, are you from Cleveland? I just noticed the Indians cap. I was born and raised in Cleveland, OH.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I'm thinking that TGS itself is dying. Nintendo and MS are ignoring it so how long before it becomes a mobile only event and consoles leave it altogether?

Rafie said:
hatmoza said:

From left to right.

That's pretty cool man. Hanging out with the ND crew. Nolan North is a spectacular VA. Oh btw, are you from Cleveland? I just noticed the Indians cap. I was born and raised in Cleveland, OH.

Holy crap. What are the odds? Yep, I'm a Cleveland boy XD. Lived in Lakewood most of my childhood and University years. I only recently moved out of Cleveland. I miss that shit hole.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson