By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Will the Wii get Colors?

u can get whatever color u want, as long as it's white...

but seriously, they won't release colors until supply catches up to demand...then they will do things like colors, bundles and price drops to attract more customers

but as long as they stay sold out, no reason to do anything other than work on predicting demand and upping production

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

My guess: Maybe holiday 2008. No later than holiday 2009.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Colours will come when sales / supply warrant new colours. My guess for new ones would be black, silver and most definately a soft pink for the ladies (which will be the bigger seller).

nintendo will probably release them next year,

Joeykanga said:
^^
What color did you replace it with.

his avatar is a chrome wii, so that's my guess

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

I'm hoping for lunchpail purple-- you know -- the color the original GCN was :-p

When they can make more Wii's than they can sell.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Yeah, I wish they had some colors too. My white one is nice, but...I'd like to pick up a red or green Wii if I can.

In the meantime you can always try something like a Wii skin:

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,233.htm

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

The PS2 colors came late in the gen, all after the slim came out.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

loadedstatement said:
Joeykanga said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Colors are going to be: White, Black, Red, Silver, and Lime Green.

Nintendo has not announced any colors yet. The colors you've seen on Wii's were concept art photos that Nintendo made before the Wii was even released, if I remember correctly. To answer your original question, the Wii will get more colors when the White Wii sales die down. (It would be poor business to waste time/money creating new colors when they could not sell any more Wiis than they are selling right now.)

i agree - They will do it when demand comes down - and at the current pace......maybe in at least 2 years