By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Will the Wii get Colors?

They need to catch up to demand in the US first. The supply issues have been going on so long now that it somehow seems almost normal, but it's really just absurd. Some even start talking doom and gloom just because they see one in a store here. When they actually have consoles on shelves in most stores 7 days a week, then they'll start planning new colors and stuff.

Around the Network
stof said:
I'm more concerned about when we'll get coloured Wiimotes. Then I could finally have ONE Wiimote that I'd put my Mii's in and take to friend's houses. As it is right now, I never know which one is even mine when I leave.

he genius, put a sticker on yours....

OT: I dont care as white is the perfect colour for the wii. But I think it will only start once demand is met. Why complicate production as long as you need to streamline it for highest possible output?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
stof said:
I'm more concerned about when we'll get coloured Wiimotes. Then I could finally have ONE Wiimote that I'd put my Mii's in and take to friend's houses. As it is right now, I never know which one is even mine when I leave.

Or, for that matter, find any way to mark it. I dyed the wriststrap black on mine to differentiate them.

And it'll be a long time, if ever, until we see coloured Wii systems. As Faxanadu said, it's currently too complicated. We never saw different colour PS2s, and that's for a reason - Sony was selling them like hotcakes. No need to make new colours.

SW-5120-1900-6153

^^
There are different colors for the PS2.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I don't think Nintendo will bring new colors until Wii sales slacken significantly. I'm saying 2009 for colors, I think silver and black would be nice.

Around the Network

Different colours for Wii would mean that the chance of X360/PS3 outselling it would go from slim to zero.

thetonestarr said:
Faxanadu said:
stof said:

Or, for that matter, find any way to mark it. I dyed the wriststrap black on mine to differentiate them.

And it'll be a long time, if ever, until we see coloured Wii systems. As Faxanadu said, it's currently too complicated. We never saw different colour PS2s, and that's for a reason - Sony was selling them like hotcakes. No need to make new colours.

my girlfriend's pink ps2 says hello

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I hate white so I did something about it myself, Since I replaced the shell of my Wii I have seen loads that look better if you have the balls to take it to pieces and rebuild it.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

^^
What color did you replace it with.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I always thought the cherry red one looked slick.