By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think I'm going to buy a Wii U? My First Nintendo product

MohammadBadir said:
How can you plan on buying gaemz if WiiU has no gaemz?
Nah for real though, I don't have a WiiU so idk what's good :/

You are right, there is no games there is only :

Super Mario U

Mario 3d World.

Splatoon

Mario Kart

Super Smash Bros.

Splinter Cell Black List.

Sniper Elite 3

Masss Effect 3

Ninja Guiden 3

W101.

Bayonetta 1

Bayonetta 2

Zelda Windwalker

Xenosaga X

Batman Arkham Origin

Fatal Frame

Mario Maker

Kirby and the Rainbow Maker

Sonic Boom

Hyrule Warrior

Deus Ex Revolution

Injustice

Darksider 2

Wipeout 3

Warrior Orichi 3

Monster Hunter 3

Tekken Tournament 2

Skylander

Rabbit Land

NBA 2k13

Fifa 2013

Epic Mickey 2

James Bond Legend

Resident Evil Revelation

Sonic Lost World

Pacman Adventer

Zombie U

AC 3 and 4

Donkey Kong : Tropical Freeze.

Devil Third.

Yoshi Wolly World.

Captain Toad.

All those Lego Games.

Guitar Hero Live.

Cod Black Op 2.

CoD Ghost.

And I have to do a list of all those indy games.

And I`m sure I forgot a bunch of other games as well.

Around the Network
zippy said:
Splatoon, Smash, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, 3D World, NSMBU, Donkey Kong, Lego City, Bayonetta 2, Mario party 10 (if you like a bit of fun casual), Captain Toad, Kirby rainbow paintbrush, Wonderful 101, Zombi U, Hyrule warriors, Sonic Lost world (seriously underrated)

Lots of goodies in this list, though I would leave out Sonic unless you can find it incredibly cheap :p

Also if you enjoy the casual fun like Mario Party, Wii Party U is also a decent option. I really enjoy most of the mini games on that one.

Splatoon is one of the most fun shooters I've played in years. I highly recommend it. Also if you're not CoD'd out, you should pick up Black Ops 2. It still has a active community and it is still a blast.

these are the ones i would recommend along with the ones you already said:

Super Smash Bros
Splatoon
Wind Waker HD
Lego City: Undercover
Nintendo Land
Rayman Legends

and then there is a good selection of eShop games you can get. you should try to get Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. they were Wii games that have now been made available for download

Since I assume you're picking up the system for a different kind of experience, you should try Super Mario 3D World. It's an excellent game with great polish. You'll probably like Xenoblade X when it comes out, seeing as you like the western RPGs. And Wind Waker HD is real good.

Around the Network

The Wii U games that I have played and really enojyed are Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 1/2, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Hyrule Warriors, Rayman Legends, Donkey Kong Country:  Tropical Freeze, and Wind Waker HD. Plus there's the whole virtual console with a whole ton of amazing games there.
There's also the entire Wii library since the console is backwards compatible. Some Wii games I would recommend are Xenoblade, Skward Sword, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy 1/2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Paper Mario, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

But if you're going to be getting your first Nintendo console, I would recommend a 3DS over the Wii U.  The 3DS is so much better imo and is probably my favorite console of all time.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

There's lots of games to buy. Zelda: Wind Waker, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario & Luigi U ... You should first get Splinter Cell: Blacklist. That game was my first game, and it won me over. That game is why the Wii U should of been a success, all due to the gamepad.

Ok donkey Kong tropical freeze, buy that, one of the best games ever, also bayonetta 2 is not wrong, super smash bros Wii U, Splatoon is  a really awsome shooter

I would first consider a 3ds if you don't have one. It can give you a glimpse of Nintendo games at a cheaper price, offers portability, and will still maintain good support.

Honestly, even if you do have a 3ds, I would wait. The wii u has been losing and delaying games this year, so I would wait till summer is over to see what their plan is (especially their plan with club Nintendo). The wii u does have some games you should try (mario 3d world, smash wii u, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2), but none are generation defining like mario Galaxy or ocarina of time, so those can wait.

midrange said:
I would first consider a 3ds if you don't have one. It can give you a glimpse of Nintendo games at a cheaper price, offers portability, and will still maintain good support.

Honestly, even if you do have a 3ds, I would wait. The wii u has been losing and delaying games this year, so I would wait till summer is over to see what their plan is (especially their plan with club Nintendo). The wii u does have some games you should try (mario 3d world, smash wii u, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2), but none are generation defining like mario Galaxy or ocarina of time, so those can wait.

even it has fewer games Wii U has VC games and backward compatible for Wii which would ensure him that he can play previous gen games that are really good. 

and if the OP said he wanted a Wii U, he might have a reason that he prefer a home console over a handheld. you might have a point about a lower pricing but 3DS resolution isn't that good compared to the Wii U games.  like MK7 against MK8, etc...

you also metioned about generation defining so his Wii U can also have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 as Wii U is backwards compatible.  OOT is launched as a VC game as well.  and Wii U has Splatoon, the OP like FPS, Splatoon is the closest and greatest Nintendo game to a shooting genre out there.  and the big 2 - MK and Smash.