By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of America has dropped Plans For US Release of Devil's Third

FarleyMcFirefly said:
This better be bullshit. I was legitimately looking forward to this game. It looks so fun to play. I don't get why people say it looks like shit. Fuck you Nintendo if true. So fucking stupid.

it sounds like people in the EU have played it and are saying its shit and those previews are gonna be released on the 15th.

Around the Network

Wow, this is .... Very depressing. Especially in light of the bo3 zombies trailer.

If I had to guess, NOA doesn't want Devils third to be the game people think of when they hear "fps" and "Nintendo"

Honestly I felt that the hack and slash fused with fps was a good concept for gameplay. However it seems like the devs prioritized uniqueness and mature scenes over decent graphics and gameplay that appeals to all

fleischr said:

On paper, Devil's Third has very promising concepts. I see it basically as the spiritual successor to Ninja Gaiden, except with gunplay added in. Even if it isn't the best-looking game of 2015, from what I've seen it graphically looks better than Ninja Gaiden 2 (the last game Itagaki made).

NOA must be puzzled on how to really market a game like this. I for one always thought they should have embraced the cheesy, grindhouse Jean Claude Van Damme nature the title seems to have. A sort of Duke Nukem type of thing. I think that went over their heads a long time ago.

Not to sound harsh, but I'd imagine perhaps someone at NOA would have rather found a western dev to launch a new mature online shooter/hack-n-slash. 

I've been saying for awhile now that if Nintendo begins developing or publishing "mature content" games then they need a wholly-owned subsidiary that can operate as an alternative publishing wing.  That would keep the name "Nintendo" clean while allowing them to publish whatever they wanted.  Kind of like how Disney wouldn't publish adult content but they owned Miramax, which did publish adult content.  The Nintendo brand itself could remain "family friendly" and they could still bring any stray Devil's Third type games over.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What your WiiU need is bad games....

Wait until the reviews to see if there is a real loss here, because it looks like nobody is enjoying the game, sadly.

Reviews never ever paint the full picture.  I find many games highly rated to be overrated severely and games lower rated to be severely underrated.

Then wait for youtubers opinions or watch the game yourself before buying it, whatever you trust, but this is looking pretty bad, and I was looking for it but... not now.

Two generations behind was nintendo really saying that? Almost all nintendo games look like two generations behind with their constant cartoony look, imo.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Two generations behind was nintendo really saying that? Almost all nintendo games look like two generations behind with their constant cartoony look, imo.

Yeah now all WiiU games look like GameCube games...

Unbelievable

Ruler said:

it sounded like a reviewer said that not anyone at Nintendo

Ruler said:

First, their games don't all look two gens behind.  Maybe one gen, given the Wii and Wii U's specs.  Second, no Nintendo didn't say that according to the video.  The video says that media sources said that.  Reviewers, in other words.  

Kresnik said:
Skullwaker said:

That's a bit of a stretch.

You reckon?  I don't remember SCEA actively skipping any games which released in Europe so far.

They have absolutely 0 interest in the thing, but they're not purposefully holding anything back either.

White Knight Chronicles II released in NA under a different publisher and White Knight Chronicles Origins never released in NA. The original EyePet didn't release in NA. They waited until the PS Move version released a year later. The second Invizimals game on PSP also released in NA in 2014 for whatever reason. What took them so long?

Well, if the game is truly that awful, then I don't blame them. In fact, that's something I wish more publishers would do more often when there's a game that's so bad that it can't be released in the state it's in.