By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of America has dropped Plans For US Release of Devil's Third

Goodnightmoon said:
KilleyMc said:
Way to go NA, now go the extra mile and do the same with Fatal Frame, my Wii U doesn't need games without cartoon graphics that also don't need amiibos to fully enjoy them.

What your WiiU need is bad games....

Wait until the reviews to see if there is a real loss here, because it looks like nobody is enjoying the game, sadly.

I don't trust any kind of reviewers, I'd rather trust Itagaki and his experience with Ninja Gaiden on this one. When the options are Mario Tennis, Mario Maker and the AC version of Mario Party + amiibo that nobody asked for, then it's a real loss, even if it ends up being mediocre at best.

Around the Network

They probably don't want the stigma of a "bad" game following them, especially a hardcore game like this, and IIRC Fatal Frane IV didn't release in NA for the same reason. If the game gets good reviews then they may reconsider.

It isn't like Xenoblade where the game got a 92 on Metacritic as well as several awards, and Reggie flat out wouldn't acknowledge the game's existence until several months after Operation Rainfall when the game got an extremely hampered and limited release in NA. Believe me, they have learned from that.

The game being "niche" isn't the problem either. Look at the marketing for Bayonetta 2 and the fact that Fatal Frame is releasing in NA as proof.

FunFan said:
animegaming said:

you would have a point if Devil's Third was for any other system that isn't the Wii U where its main genre is platformers hell go look up the sales for CoD on Wii U its clear that the Wii U audience isn't interested in shooters

Splatatatatatoon!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are right but there are few factors for one Nintendo actually had faith in Splatoon unlike Devil Thirds (hell the game is retail exclusive to Amazon in Japan) cause well for one Splatoon is actually a good game compare to the things we are hearing about Devil's Third which result in the game actually having good marketing.

also Splatoon looks and plays like a Nintendo game, Devils Third on the other looks like something like a at best B list third party publisher would put out for the other systems.

IamAwsome said:

They probably don't want the stigma of a "bad" game following them, especially a hardcore game like this, and IIRC Fatal Frane IV didn't release in NA for the same reason. If the game gets good reviews then they may reconsider.

It isn't like Xenoblade where the game got a 92 on Metacritic as well as several awards, and Reggie flat out wouldn't acknowledge the game's existence until several months after Operation Rainfall when the game got an extremely hampered and limited release in NA. Believe me, they have learned from that.

The game being "niche" isn't the problem either. Look at the marketing for Bayonetta 2 and the fact that Fatal Frame is releasing in NA as proof.

like yeah as someone pointed out in this thread eariler this no matter what would of been a loss for NoA cause while the Wii U does have a small library and could really use more games. bad games on the other hand though stick out like a major sore thumb in such a small library and if they had released it chances are it would of bombed harder then wonderful 101.

Also I remember following disaster back in the day, I actually got to play it and it was a fun game for what it was, but I can't remember the reason in the video being why it didn't release NA. It also sounds even more strange that nintendo would criticize script and voice acting in a game something that never was there strongest point.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

I wouldn't have bought this anyway. The violence looks insane in this game. No thanks.

animegaming said:
FunFan said:

Splatatatatatoon!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are right but there are few factors for one Nintendo actually had faith in Splatoon unlike Devil Thirds (hell the game is retail exclusive to Amazon in Japan) cause well for one Splatoon is actually a good game compare to the things we are hearing about Devil's Third which result in the game actually having good marketing.

also Splatoon looks and plays like a Nintendo game, Devils Third on the other looks like something like a at best B list third party publisher would put out for the other systems.

I never questioned what you are saying. My point was that, is funny, they had cocksure faith in Wii Party U instead. The jokes on Nintendo fanbase if they made that game successful. Why make Metroid Prime when you can have Metroid Party?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Never heard of it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

NoA is awful. Even if the game is bad, release it and let the American fans speak with their wallets. Again with Nintendo (especially of America) thinking they know what's best for their own fanbase.

IAmCrimsonLegion said:

NoA is awful. Even if the game is bad, release it and let the American fans speak with their wallets. Again with Nintendo (especially of America) thinking they know what's best for their own fanbase.

it probably though does cost money to still release it over here and they don't expect it too sale well (and it probably won't in any country)