Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 3: Nintendo Exclusive vs Multiplatform

?

Nintendo Exclusive 167 56.61%

Multiplatform 93 31.53%

PS and or XB Exclusive 35 11.86%

Total:295
ExplodingBlock said:
FunFan said:
All games should be available on all platforms. Exclusives shouldn't exist. But if a game can achieve better quality by going exclusive, then It's fine. Bayonetta should remain Nintendo exclusive.

I highly disagree with that. If exclusives didn't exist, then there would be no reason for multiple consoles. If every game was on every console, then there would only need to be one console

Exactly. Consoles are useless. PC MASTERACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
Platinum would be absolutely daft to make it a Nintendo exclusive, the second has sold around 700k so far on wiiU but if it had released on ps4 and XO it would of hit over 4-5 million. I'd like to see a a third but only if it's multiplat or ps4/XO

4-5 million? I don't think so. 3 million maybe. It just squeaked past 2 million for the 1st game and I wouldn't expect double-2.5x growth, unlesws maybe it was cross gen.

I vote multiplatform. That said I think the only way B3 gets made is if Nintendo stumps up more cash for it. But I don't see that happening because 1) it didn't help Wii U sales at all, 2) it sold OK but not that well for all the internet noise it made, 3) Splatoon happened and Nintendo now knows better what sort of new games actually get people excited for its console.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

As long as it comes out on a platform I own, I don't give a fuck.

I just want the game.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I have a bad feel it could come to xbox

Nintendo deserves exclusivity for funding it to begin with while the other platforms basically told Bayonetta to screw off.

Around the Network

PS4/X1 exclusive unless Nintendo releases a system on par with them. I wouldn't want the game's scale to be held back by the Wii U

StokedUp said:
Platinum would be absolutely daft to make it a Nintendo exclusive, the second has sold around 700k so far on wiiU but if it had released on ps4 and XO it would of hit over 4-5 million. I'd like to see a a third but only if it's multiplat or ps4/XO

Lol, no it would not have. You should check the sales of the original Bayonetta. It would of sold better on the PS4 and Xbox One, and I could see maybe 2 million in total if it sold 1 million on each platform, but what in any possible way makes you think it would sell 4-5 million? 

I'm not trying to discredit the game or anything, it's possible it could hit 4-5 million but I just want to know what your reasoning is for thinking that. The original sold like 2.11m on both the PS3/Xbox360 according to Vgchartz. 

CarcharodonKraz said:
JWeinCom said:
Multiplatform. Why wouldn't you want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy it?

just curious, do you hold the stance that all games should be made for all consoles?  Or maybe that their should only be one console?

There's no reason other than moneyhatting for 3rd party devs to make exclusive games. Every business has a single purpose, and that is to maximise profits. Being part of the console wars by releasing exclusive games is pretty much only profitable if the developer gets direct funding. So the only reason B3 would be Nintendo exclusive is if Nintendo funds it. Of course the only way B3 will ever be made is if one of the big 3 funds it, and given the situation with B2 that can really only be Nintendo.

So, if it is made it will probably be Nintendo exclusive. However there is not much chance of Nitnendo putting money into B3. Maybe Atlus shouild kickstart it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Multiplat is fine, as long as I can play it. o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Or the fans of the series could just buy the console it is on just saying