By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If your PS2 breaks, will you buy another one?

i have one and if it broke, I would just do without

Around the Network

Well I played most of the PS2 games that I wanted , so Im not shure thta I would buy a new one ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

BCrayfish said:
Ugh, even the thought of that is painful as that would be number 6 on my ps2 death toll. I'd probably re-buy one though, I still have a lot of love left for the old ps2 library.

Man u have bad luck with ur ps2

I would buy a new one even tho i have a ps3 with b/c, its because i have all the collection and it still works.

Ps1,ps2,psp,ps3

No, I would not. It currently is in the process of breaking and the few games I enjoy on it I don't really play because I figure I'd have to mess with it for like 20 minutes to get it running.

Sure the NES was bad, but at least it still worked if you blew in it until you passed out.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Yay for PS3 BC!

since i have a 40gb and my ps2 dsnt work ill prolly buy a ps2 when the price goes down to like 80 bucks or something

I've had a 60GB since a month after launch in my bedroom. My mother inherited my PS2(also purchased a month after its launch), when It died out, we bought a 40GB for my bedroom and I put the 60gb in the den so everyone can use it for PS2, PS3 games and blu-ray.

I'm still hoping for a firmware update which will add software BC to the 40gb though. :)

^ ur mom plays video games?

Seems like about half here would buy a new PS2, or have already done so, just in case. The majority of the rest use 60GB PS3 with a smattering of other (not willing to buy another PS2 or other). If the older PS2s can start breaking a bit more frequently, sales of new PS2s should keep from falling off as much as otherwise you would think it would.

@ CaptainPrefrences. Some moms do. But she's secretly hoping for a Wii Fit for Mother's Day. ;)

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.