By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Racer you Played(Kart Racers count too)

HoloDust said:
SvennoJ said:

First one I played was Pole position on the Atari at a friend's place.

That's arcade version - I remember my awe first time I saw it after playing this on ZX:

Yep I thought that looked way too good. This is the version I actually played

Around the Network

Crash Team Racing, best racer in the history of humanity. Nothing comes close to the greatness of that game.

SvennoJ said:
binary solo said:

Man, that draw distance!

I definitely played that, but I can't remember if it was my first. I don't think it was. Now that I think on it I think my first racer was on Commodor64 not Vic20.

Do you remember this one?

I played that for a year together with a friend, making all kinds of devious tracks. Devillish design where you have to drive out of the screen in front to score a point. Poor little burning man.

That does look familiar, but its so long ago it's hard to be sure.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Pretty sure it was Spy Hunter on the NES. At least as much as I remember anyway. Maybe excitebike. Hard to say.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Mario Kart (SNES)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Super Mario Kart on SNES.

This one: http://www.mobygames.com/game/car-and-driver

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSIBXA8nc4

It was either WRC 4:The Official Game of the FIA World Rally Championship, or Driven to Destruction
both on the PS2. I don't remember anything about either actually, so they can't have been particularly good, but not particularly bad either.

On Consoles : I forgot between outrun or Top Gear 2 (they almost look the same )
First Arcade Racing and 3D: Daytona USA (Sega)

Pole Position in the arcades.