By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?

Tagged games:

If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?

Yes, japanese games compl... 24 18.46%

Yes, but I would like more AAA titles. 36 27.69%

No, I want a similar supp... 51 39.23%

No, I'm not a fan of A-AA astern games. 6 4.62%

Namco-Bandai, bring Digim... 13 10.00%

Total:130
outlawauron said:

Why not? It doesn't get huge projects usually, but there is a ton of games. It would be a huge step up from previous Nintendo consoles.

Because, and this might sound crazy, but some people don't actually think the majority of the 3rd party games the Vita gets are even remotely good or interesting. I am some people. I wouldn't be satisfied if I owned a Vita, so I definitely wouldn't be satisfied owning a PS TV with Mario.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
outlawauron said:

Why not? It doesn't get huge projects usually, but there is a ton of games. It would be a huge step up from previous Nintendo consoles.

Because, and this might sound crazy, but some people don't actually think the majority of the 3rd party games the Vita gets are even remotely good or interesting. I am some people. I wouldn't be satisfied if I owned a Vita, so I definitely wouldn't be satisfied owning a PS TV with Mario.

That's fine if you're not interested in all of those games (whether or not you gave them a fair shake or not doesn't matter). The question was would you be happy with first party + a high quantity of games from smaller third party studios. That's how I read the question...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

That's fine if you're not interested in all of those games (whether or not you gave them a fair shake or not doesn't matter). The question was would you be happy with first party + a high quantity of games from smaller third party studios. That's how I read the question...

I read the question as "If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?"

So primarily indies and niche anime-RPGs. No. Don't see how anyone could be.

Would I be happy with the specific kind of third-party games available on Vita? No.

Would I be happy with a system that supported Nintendo first-party software, plus a healthy amount of "AA" and "indie" games? Yes.

spemanig said:
outlawauron said:

I read the question as "If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?"

So primarily indies and niche anime-RPGs. No. Don't see how anyone could be.

Well, I'm glad you're hung up on the literal title. -_-

Reading the OP, he just mentioned having similar 3rd party support, not the same exact games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I would be happy as I have no interest in half finished western AAA games.

shenlong213 said:
Dr.Vita said:

PSP had a better support than Vita, 3DS and Wii U combined.

And DS beat the hell out of it

Not really.

Personally, yes. I'd take JRPGS and other Japanese games instead of games like Rehashed Creed any day

As long as it still gets the same or better 1st party support as the 3DS/Wii U, then I'd be happy. The Vita's library itself doesn't exactly compel to purchase a new system, but having additional RPGs in between my favorite franchises would only make me enjoy it more.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Third party games from Japanese devs doesn't really interest me. So, no, I wouldn't be satisfied.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54