By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?

Tagged games:

If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?

Yes, japanese games compl... 24 18.46%

Yes, but I would like more AAA titles. 36 27.69%

No, I want a similar supp... 51 39.23%

No, I'm not a fan of A-AA astern games. 6 4.62%

Namco-Bandai, bring Digim... 13 10.00%

Total:130
spemanig said:
outlawauron said:

That's fine if you're not interested in all of those games (whether or not you gave them a fair shake or not doesn't matter). The question was would you be happy with first party + a high quantity of games from smaller third party studios. That's how I read the question...

I read the question as "If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?"

So primarily indies and niche anime-RPGs. No. Don't see how anyone could be.

So you think no one would be satisfied with games like Resident Evil Revelations 2, Digimon, World of Final Fantasy, Akibastrip, God Eater, Toukiden, Deception 4, Gundam, Attelier, Ys, One Piece, J-Star, Blazblue, Dead or Alive extreme 3, StreefighterXTekken, Natural Doctrine, Nobunagas Ambition, Fighting climax and any many more?

Around the Network

The games that the Vita receives are of limited appeal, so it wouldnt make much difference in the west.So while it would be great to receive their support, I would like to get AAA games.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ruler said:

So you think no one would be satisfied with games like Resident Evil Revelations 2, Digimon, World of Final Fantasy, Akibastrip, God Eater, Toukiden, Deception 4, Gundam, Attelier, Ys, One Piece, J-Star, Blazblue, Dead or Alive extreme 3, StreefighterXTekken, Natural Doctrine, Nobunagas Ambition, Fighting climax and any many more?

Absolutely no. That's an absolutely abysmal library of games.

MOAR NX THREADS!!!

I love the Vita but most of what it is getting right now does not make me happy so I would not be satisfied if we got those vita like games + the usual ninty shniz BUT I would be if they had those along with BIG games like The Witcher III.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Honestly Vita gets much better 3rd party support than the Wii U does.
Vita level of support would be a step up, from what the Wii U has.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
An old thread, I see.

I certainly wouldn't be satisfied with that because it would be a notable step down from what the 3DS has been getting. If you are entertaining the scenario of a shared library between home console and handheld, why ask if people would be happy with Vita support when the obvious question would be 3DS support?

Yep, with Nintendo unifying both platforms it will be similar to 3DS+Wii U level support and since Sony seems unlikely to release a Vita successor, its possible those type of games will move to NX so 3DS+Wii U+Vita level support.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Probably not.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep, with Nintendo unifying both platforms it will be similar to 3DS+Wii U level support and since Sony seems unlikely to release a Vita successor, its possible those type of games will move to NX so 3DS+Wii U+Vita level support.

I don't see that happening. Those third parties made the decision to put their games on Vita when the 3DS was already five million units ahead and the weekly sales rates at the time were 6:1 or more in favor of the 3DS. The same third parties are more likely to make Vita games until 2020 and beyond than putting games on a Nintendo system.

Considering the NX will be stronger than the Vita, it's not out of the question bringing those games to the NX. Specially when porting from Vita to NX will not be that hard (Vita to 3DS was horrible due to the power difference, and that probably was one of the reasons for picking Vita over 3DS).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The Vita's kind of 3rd party support is the kind I'd welcome in the same vein as western indies. It would be a nice bonus but it wouldn't be able to replace AAA support because, well -- most of those 3rd party Vita-type games would never get english translations to begin with.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

I don't see that happening. Those third parties made the decision to put their games on Vita when the 3DS was already five million units ahead and the weekly sales rates at the time were 6:1 or more in favor of the 3DS. The same third parties are more likely to make Vita games until 2020 and beyond than putting games on a Nintendo system.

Ya you could be right, I think alot of the indie support will come to NX but some of those super-niche Japanese games may remain on Playstation. If porting is simple between PS & NX than I could see some multiplats happening.

Either way I see NX having strong indie support, strong Japanese support and strong kid/family friendly western support. Mainstream western support is a bit harder to predict, even if it just got similar support that Wii U got in its first year (Call of Duty, annual sports titles, various Ubisoft/Warner Bros games) than that would be pretty good.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.