By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?

Tagged games:

If the NX had the same 3rd party support as the Vita, would you be satisfied?

Yes, japanese games compl... 24 18.46%

Yes, but I would like more AAA titles. 36 27.69%

No, I want a similar supp... 51 39.23%

No, I'm not a fan of A-AA astern games. 6 4.62%

Namco-Bandai, bring Digim... 13 10.00%

Total:130
Nautilus said:
The games that the Vita receives are of limited appeal, so it wouldnt make much difference in the west.So while it would be great to receive their support, I would like to get AAA games.

It's not even that.  It's that a lot of those games of 'limited appeal' that the Vita gets won't even get an english translation, so to most of us, they might as well not exist at all.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
An old thread, I see.

I certainly wouldn't be satisfied with that because it would be a notable step down from what the 3DS has been getting. If you are entertaining the scenario of a shared library between home console and handheld, why ask if people would be happy with Vita support when the obvious question would be 3DS support?

except that the 3DS was just getting the same kind of support during its prime and now it doesnt get any third party support at all, not even japanese games 

I got rid of my VITA due to lack of games that i was interested in playing, so no, i don't want support similar to that of the VITA.

spemanig said:
Ruler said:

So you think no one would be satisfied with games like Resident Evil Revelations 2, Digimon, World of Final Fantasy, Akibastrip, God Eater, Toukiden, Deception 4, Gundam, Attelier, Ys, One Piece, J-Star, Blazblue, Dead or Alive extreme 3, StreefighterXTekken, Natural Doctrine, Nobunagas Ambition, Fighting climax and any many more?

Absolutely no. That's an absolutely abysmal library of games.

And youre here to decide that? Nintendo is a japanese company almost all of their games are japanese. If you think those games are terrible then you have to think the same way about every other nintendo game, espacially pokemon, fire emblem, xenoblade and zelda who have pretty much the same artstyle now.

RolStoppable said:
Ruler said:

except that the 3DS was just getting the same kind of support during its prime and now it doesnt get any third party support at all, not even japanese games 

What are you talking about?

Ruler said:

And youre here to decide that? Nintendo is a japanese company almost all of their games are japanese. If you think those games are terrible then you have to think the same way about every other nintendo game, espacially pokemon, fire emblem, xenoblade and zelda who have pretty much the same artstyle now.

Oh, I get it. If one muslim is a terrorist, then all muslims must be terrorists.

So much for the crazy analogy of the day. But the point stands, not all Japanese games are the same.

They are very similiar, the fact that Nintendo charges other japanese third party devolopers to make most of their games now is very telling. They trust them more than their own retro studios with handling Nintendo IPs.

And the question was if people would be satisfied with only japanese thirdparty support on the NX. So any Nintendo fan dismising japanese games and going as far as trashing them looks like a total foul to me.

Around the Network

I would be horribly dissatisfied. I barely play my Vita because of the lack of games that appeal to me. I don't want the NX to suffer the same fate.

RolStoppable said:
Ruler said:

They are very similiar, the fact that Nintendo charges other japanese third party devolopers to make most of their games now is very telling. They trust them more than their own retro studios with handling Nintendo IPs.

And the question was if people would be satisfied with only japanese thirdparty support on the NX. So any Nintendo fan dismising japanese games and going as far as trashing them looks like a total foul to me.

If they were very similar, then they all would sell very similarly. A lot of Japanese games don't even get localized because their publishers know that they can't sell to a worldwide market. But yes, Nintendo's collaborations with several Japanese third parties result in more games than a single studio in America can produce. Wow!

The dismissive response you got from spemanig was specifically directed at Vita games which were listed by you. You shouldn't take offense when those games are dismissed on this forum, because sales of Vita games in America and Europe show how little demand there is for the kind of games that the Vita gets. Japanese games on Wii U and 3DS have broader appeal, so it should be understandable why people would take those over the Vita's lineup any day of the week.

They sold similary before 7 Gen.

I listed a bunch of different Vita Games, from real time strategy games to fighting games. If you dismiss all of them there is an obvious bias and given Op stated that its the Japanese Third party Support we are talking about.

Most of these Vita are avaible on other PlayStation platforms, thats why no one buys them in the west. Why you should buy the Vita version if you can have a PS4 version which runs and performs better? Unless you actually do use Handhelds on the go in your daily life and we know thats not the case for the majority of western gamers.

Ruler said:

I never said the games were terrible - I said the 3rd party library, as in the quantitative collection of games, was abysmal, which it is. So is the Wii U's. Don't get the comparison there.

Also, those games most definitely do not that the same level of D-tier anime-art style that most of those niche animeRPGs have.