By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69
Alkibiádēs said:

If you can't understand that concept then I'm not sure what to tell you. Welcome to the real world I guess?

In my country we have two snacks that look the same, taste the same and are made in the same factory. The more famous brand is more expensive yet sells more than the cheaper brand despite tasting the exact same. People buy things based on brand recognition, you seriously can't grasp that? Why do you think advertisements use famous people to sell their products? Because there are plenty of people out there who would buy a certain product if it was used by a celebrity they like. There are litterally thousands of examples.

I can only use a hypothetical scenario for a Warriors game because the Zelda spin-off is the only famous IP it has gotten in the West. That's why your whole reasoning makes zero sense because there's no comparison to be made with a similar Warriors spin-off game. What we do know is that Dragon Quest Heroes sold a lot more than the Warriors games on the PS3. Yet you dismiss it because it doesnt fit your view. Since when does a hypothesis mean someone has no leg to stand on? You have no legs to stand on as there is no other Warriors spin-off game to compare with Hyrule Warriors in the West. We do know that the Dragon Quest and One Piece IPs boosted sales in Japan.

Dance/rhythm games are popular in Japan? Ok, and Zelda games are popular in the West. What's your point?

You think Kingdom Hearts would be as popular as it is today if it didn't use Final Fantasy and Disney characters? I can guarantee you it wouldn't. Would Batman: Arkham Asylum have been as popular if it used an original superhero (i.e. one that Rocksteady made up) instead of Batman? Of course it wouldn't. Would Goldeneye 007 have sold as much if it wasn't a James Bond game? *Looks at Perfect Dark* Nope.

Would Pokémon Mystery Dungeon have sold as much if it didn't use the Pokémon IP? *Looks at other mystery dungeon games* Nope. Would Tony Hawk's Pro Skater sell as much if it wasn't affiliated with Tony Hawk? *Looks at other skater games* Nope.

I'm not limiting you to Warriors games, you can give me any one example if you can find one.

Extremely unpopular series/genre with the paint of an extremely popular series resulting in a huge sales spike of several 100% for the unpopular series, can you think of one other example like that, cause I sure can't.

But you still don't seem to understand it, since you either keep listing examples where both parts of the collaboration were popular, games that did not become as big as they are/were because of only the license (Arkham Asylum and Goldeneye became what they became because they are brilliant, genre- and generation defining games) or games that have no comparison point before their inception and all your examples are brilliant games that is also something that's extremely important.

Again with HW we have a franchise that in the west is dead, that gets nothing but a coat of paint from Zelda, the core game is still the same, unpopular (and definitely not exceptionally good) game it was before, that is bought by freaking 15 times as many people that bought the last similar game on the system.

Have you ever heard of Uncharted: Fight for Fortune? Chances are you haven't, because it's a spin-off Uncharted game in a genre that nobody gives a shit about on console/handheld and that wasn't particularly great, so nobody ever cared about the damn thing, despite the brand recognition.

Around the Network
Jon-Erich said:

That being said, I really don't see a link between the Zelda spinoffs and this new Metroid spinoff. I'm sure the project exists because Next Level wanted to do something with the Metroid franchise but Nintendo didn't want to hand them the main franchise until they could prove their worth with a spinoff.

That could be a reason. Or Federation Force has the same fate as Hunters which was planned as a fully fledged single player prime for the DS and scaled back to a multi player game... maybe in 10 years or so we will know...

Of course I still hope for Retro developing a Prime U - using the WiiMote/Nunchuck of course...

mine said:
Edwardooo said:

Actually, the Wii U is the best Zelda Machine, you can play on it Zelda 1, 2, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and soon you will be able to play Zelda U, and probably Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

HOW can you play MM on a Wii U without falling back to the Wii VC title which isn't on sale anymore?

I also would like to say that it is a BIG DIFFERENCE in playing titles like Ocarine of Time on a TV or on the 3DS in 3D .

For me these titles are perfect on a 3DS as you as the gamer have a little "treasure box" to look into. The ability to pause EVERY game at any time by closing the 3DSs lid is also a big plus for Zelda titles. 

And last but not least: is there ANY BETTER WAY to play a Zelda then with a TRIFORCE or MAJORAS MASK FACEPLATE (oh yeah - I'm european )... . 

But anyway: best thing is to have BOTH - 3DS AND Wii U

Huh, I'm almost completely sure that the Wii VC title of Majora's Mask is still on sale.

And yes, I understand that you would prefer to play these two titles on 3DS, but if you have to choose between the two consoles and want to play the most zelda games you can, then the Wii U is the best choice, because it's the only one where you can play every 3D Zelda game and a lot of the 2D ones.

(And I'm european too, I even have a Majora's Mask Faceplate, despite the fact that I don't even own a New 3DS ! What a shameless fanboy I am)

DerNebel said:

Again with HW we have a franchise that in the west is dead, that gets nothing but a coat of paint from Zelda, the core game is still the same, unpopular (and definitely not exceptionally good) game it was before, that is bought by freaking 15 times as many people that bought the last similar game on the system.

Thats because of people like me who trust Nintendo for releasing quality titles. 

Same with Bayonetta 2 which is in fact superior and EVERY SINGLE ASPECT then the original Bayonetta.

As I don't know any Dynasty Warrior titles I can only speculate if Hyrule Warrios might be better. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is...

mine said:
Stellar_Fungk said:
I am a new Nintendo fan, I decided to buy my first Nintendo system (3DS) after I played the OG Zelda on NES at a friends house. I never played the classic Zelda games, so I am happy for the remakes (I don't care for Hyrule Warriors and Triforce Heroes). Without Ocarina & Majora 3D I would be forced to pay X amount of dollars to buy N64 and those games. I rather play the updated version than the old ones. A Link Between Worlds is for me, what A Link to the Past was for the others that grew up on SNES games. Windwaker HD will be my first copy of that game and I can't wait to pick it up when I get a Wii U.

Yep. A Link to the Past is "pain in the ass". It is the ONLY Zelda game I never finished - in fact i'm not even half through because of one Boss impossible to beat.

Congrats to you for buying a 3DS - its the ultimate Zelda machine.

I bought a New 3DS system to be able to play OoT (which I didn't buy on the Wii VC when it was available). 

The next Zeldas on there were Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I can recommend both - only STs end boss is a bit lacking and nerve wrecking. But maybe its just me - as the nerve wrecking part is of the same boss type which made me quit LttP ...

And YES: BUY A WII U !! There you can play not only WindWaker HD - which I love because it is way better than the original thanks to the GamePad - but also both Wii Zeldas: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. The latter one will make you wanting every 3D Zelda to use motion controls

BTW: if you like OoT and the fighting parts of Zelda - give the Metroid Prime Trilogy a try. Its like Zelda in space. And with the Wii VC release on the Wii U a bargain like nothing else...

I actually prefer top down Zelda over 3D Zelda.

Thank you! I enjoy the games very much (especially the rpgs) but I'm getting a bit tired playing on a handheld. My neck hurts 'cause I look down all the time. My favorite game so far is ALBW and FE: A. I'm playing Harvest Moon 3D: ANB right now and it's okay so far.

I will buy Wii U around september or maybe December when X releases. I have a couple of 3DS games I want to finish first. My priorities for Wii U are X, SMTxFE, DK: TF, the Metroid and Golden Sun games via VC. I'm looking forward to the 2D Metroid games.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:

Huh, I'm almost completely sure that the Wii VC title of Majora's Mask is still on sale.

And yes, I understand that you would prefer to play these two titles on 3DS, but if you have to choose between the two consoles and want to play the most zelda games you can, then the Wii U is the best choice, because it's the only one where you can play every 3D Zelda game and a lot of the 2D ones.

(And I'm european too, I even have a Majora's Mask Faceplate, despite the fact that I don't even own a New 3DS ! What a shameless fanboy I am)

Nope. 

Of course Nintendo was clever enough to withdraw Ocarina Of Time and Majoras Mask from the Wii VC shop BEFORE releasing the 3DS.

There should be also plenty of Zelda VC titles available on the 3DS eShop I didn't count. 

So maybe its a tie

But still - do youself a favor and get a New 3DS. OoT deserves to be experienced as a little treasure box

Stellar_Fungk said:

I actually prefer top down Zelda over 3D Zelda.

I can't say which title I prefer. I like them all but those SNES titles which a way to hard for me.

And what I like most about the Zelda series is how different its titles are while still being Zelda...

If I have a favorite - then it is Toon Link

But all those Zelda games are at worst well-made games. It doesn't look like the same can be said for Federation Force so far.

DerNebel said:
Alkibiádēs said:

If you can't understand that concept then I'm not sure what to tell you. Welcome to the real world I guess?

In my country we have two snacks that look the same, taste the same and are made in the same factory. The more famous brand is more expensive yet sells more than the cheaper brand despite tasting the exact same. People buy things based on brand recognition, you seriously can't grasp that? Why do you think advertisements use famous people to sell their products? Because there are plenty of people out there who would buy a certain product if it was used by a celebrity they like. There are litterally thousands of examples.

I can only use a hypothetical scenario for a Warriors game because the Zelda spin-off is the only famous IP it has gotten in the West. That's why your whole reasoning makes zero sense because there's no comparison to be made with a similar Warriors spin-off game. What we do know is that Dragon Quest Heroes sold a lot more than the Warriors games on the PS3. Yet you dismiss it because it doesnt fit your view. Since when does a hypothesis mean someone has no leg to stand on? You have no legs to stand on as there is no other Warriors spin-off game to compare with Hyrule Warriors in the West. We do know that the Dragon Quest and One Piece IPs boosted sales in Japan.

Dance/rhythm games are popular in Japan? Ok, and Zelda games are popular in the West. What's your point?

You think Kingdom Hearts would be as popular as it is today if it didn't use Final Fantasy and Disney characters? I can guarantee you it wouldn't. Would Batman: Arkham Asylum have been as popular if it used an original superhero (i.e. one that Rocksteady made up) instead of Batman? Of course it wouldn't. Would Goldeneye 007 have sold as much if it wasn't a James Bond game? *Looks at Perfect Dark* Nope.

Would Pokémon Mystery Dungeon have sold as much if it didn't use the Pokémon IP? *Looks at other mystery dungeon games* Nope. Would Tony Hawk's Pro Skater sell as much if it wasn't affiliated with Tony Hawk? *Looks at other skater games* Nope.

I'm not limiting you to Warriors games, you can give me any one example if you can find one.

Extremely unpopular series/genre with the paint of an extremely popular series resulting in a huge sales spike of several 100% for the unpopular series, can you think of one other example like that, cause I sure can't.

But you still don't seem to understand it, since you either keep listing examples where both parts of the collaboration were popular, games that did not become as big as they are/were because of only the license (Arkham Asylum and Goldeneye became what they became because they are brilliant, genre- and generation defining games) or games that have no comparison point before their inception and all your examples are brilliant games that is also something that's extremely important.

Have you ever heard of Uncharted: Fight for Fortune? Chances are you haven't, because it's a spin-off Uncharted game in a genre that nobody gives a shit about on console/handheld and that wasn't particularly great, so nobody ever cared about the damn thing, despite the brand recognition.

Yeah, Zelda is the only brand in the world that can make something popular. All hail Nintendo and bow down to to Zelda superiority. You dismiss Kingdom Hearts as an example because it doesn't suit your own very narrow view.

You're comparing a digital card game that got no advertisement with Hyrule Warriors? LOL!

How much would Crash Team Racing have sold if it didn't have the Crash Bandicoot characters?

How much would the Mario & Sonic Olympic games have sold if it wasn't for these two iconic video game characters?

How on earth did Crash Bash, a bad party game, sell over 3 million copies on the PS1? I'm sure the character Crash Bandicoot had nothing to do with it.

Why is Yo-kai Watch: Busters doing so well on the COMG chart? You think it would pull off those pre-orders if it wasn't for the Yo-Kai Watch IP?

How did a bad platformer like Kung Fu Panda sell over 3 million copies on the xbox360 alone? Had nothing to do with the animated movies, right? Didn't MS say there was no market for games like that on their console? Yes, they litteraly said that in Nuts N' Bolts.

Why did a bad platformer like Disney's Epic Mickey sell over 3 million copies on the Wii? Nothing to do with Mickey Mouse, right?

How did a bad game like Sonic and the Secret Rings sell almost 3 million copies? Because everyone likes a Sonic game where you automatically run forwards the entire time!

How did Hannah Montana sell almost 3 million copies on the DS?

Do you really need me to explain these things to you?

Oh and why do you think that great games automatically sell well? SOTC, ICO and Okami didn't set the sales charts on fire you know.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Well, I like Zelda. I don't think Metroid is that good. FPS games are always way overrated. Metroid Prime was a 60-65 at best.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.