By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you interested in Mario Maker?

i'm pretty pumped. They implied that this pretty much the tool they use to make mario games, so yes. I'm going to challenge myself to make a very nintendo like mario game, complete with 8 worlds, and make it better than any 2d mario game to date. That sounds ridiculous and over ambitious, but it is my mission.

Around the Network

Yes, I am. The 200 premade levels and the ability to recreate classic levels in the NSMB style and new levels in the old school style seals the deal.

JNK said:

So in the past i heard alot people saying they are interested in mario maker.

I cant really understand that. 

There are dozens of free mario level editors already available for pc.

Just check this: (Possibly illegal link removed)

A flash based mario game including a complete editor. I just need 5-10 minutes to get used to the editor and got a pretty good level.

In my Opinion its ridicoulus that nintendo will selling such a title probl at full price (40-60$). Even a flash game can do it (probl made my one person as a hobby).

Edited - Miguel_Zorro

1) I could NOT care less for unofficial mario games.

2) This one you can share the levels with other Nintendo gamers.

3) Miiverse sharing.

4) You do it on Nintendo device and not through some wasd control system on a computer (I've plyaed fake mario games like that when I was younger and they were LAME).

Dulfite said:

1) I could NOT care less for unofficial mario games.

2) This one you can share the levels with other Nintendo gamers.

3) Miiverse sharing.

4) You do it on Nintendo device and not through some wasd control system on a computer (I've plyaed fake mario games like that when I was younger and they were LAME).

There are alot games on pc that can do the same.

Doesnt this look good for you? Made by a fan with mario editor (free flash game)

Very interested!

Around the Network

Very much so. I like the idea of Fan made mods, however most of them suffer from a lack of access and tediousness of setting up levels and ROMs, not to mention the wading through the awful levels created and the scarce masterpieces there are.

I'm also shock you did not use Newer Super Mario Bros as an example.

dharh said:

Playing platformer's don't interest me anymore and playing random normal peoples platform maps interest me even less. Honestly I have not liked a platformer game since I was as child.

Sorry to hear that. Has your interest in other genres narrowed as well, or is it just platformers that got the chop as you aged?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Online editors are not near as good, and they're not nearly as accessible. I wasn't too high on Mario Maker, but this year's Nintendo World Championships sold me on it!

StuOhQ said:
dharh said:

Playing platformer's don't interest me anymore and playing random normal peoples platform maps interest me even less. Honestly I have not liked a platformer game since I was as child.

Sorry to hear that. Has your interest in other genres narrowed as well, or is it just platformers that got the chop as you aged?

I have loved RPGs since I started gaming, and have loved JRPGs in general (although I do love me some WRPGs as well).  RPGs remain my favorite genre of all time by far and probably will till I die.

I never did like sports much, except super baseball 2020 on the SNES. Really the only driving games I liked were arcade top down stuff or Destruction Derby.  Any action adventure game has always had to be very specific, like Demon Souls or Dark Souls.

I liked games like Zelda and Metroid until they went 3D.  I must say that liking platformers ended when 3D became the thing as well.  Metroid was not really an FPS until Metroid Prime and when it became an FPS I always felt there were better out there like Halo and Team Fortress.  Zelda, I feel, had a bad transition to 3D and lagged other games in that genre every since.

Exploration and building games like Minecraft and soon No Man's Sky are a new thing for me though I feel somewhat in the same vein as an RPG.  I have loved open world RPGs, so I think it does fit for me that I would like Minecraft and No Man's Sky.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

haven't heard much about it, but i'm interested.