By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman Adventures Announced

kitler53 said:
Samus Aran said:

Not really and just play that game then. This one doesn't look any different.

yes really and please just exit this thread then.  i don't have the heart to go though another thread where you explain how any game not branded with nintendo is utter crap.  i won't waste the breath justifying to you why i want to play more game from a fantastic franchise.

Lol, has nothing to do with Nintendo. Can the mods please start doing something about these personal attacks and ad hominems?

This is an uninspired sequel with what looks to be zero changes in the trailer.

Sorry that I think a sequel needs to make improvements and changes. If you told me this was footage from Rayman Legends I'd have believed you, and I own that game...

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Lol.

Now can we get a 3D Rayman game? You know - the ones that are actually good?

I came here praying that this was gonna be a 3D Rayman. Oh well. Good to see I'm not the only one that appreciates 3D Rayman though...

does look meh :/

Teeqoz said:
spemanig said:
Lol.

Now can we get a 3D Rayman game? You know - the ones that are actually good?

I came here praying that this was gonna be a 3D Rayman. Oh well. Good to see I'm not the only one that appreciates 3D Rayman though...

Was hoping that too when I saw the thread title.

Looks awesome. I enjoyed jungle run a lot.

Hopefully this would also be a precursor to a console release, but if not, oh well.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
GameMasterPC said:

All those complaining about it being a mobile game, have you seen Rayman: Legends sales on consoles? Console gamers are the only ones to be blamed here for not buying such a great game, so stop shitting on Ubisoft cause they don't work as a charity.

They think to make money by releasing it on smartphones, but Apple actually expressed frustration about iPhone owners not buying anything.

Do you have a source for that? The AppStore revenue in 2014 was around $15 billion ($10 billion for the developers, $5 billion for Apple), main contributor: games.

Nintendo's software revenue in the same timeframe: $2 billion (250 billion Yen), Sony's software revenue $3.4 billion (420 billion Yen).

Conina said:
HintHRO said:

They think to make money by releasing it on smartphones, but Apple actually expressed frustration about iPhone owners not buying anything.

Do you have a source for that? The AppStore revenue in 2014 was around $15 billion ($10 billion for the developers, $5 billion for Apple), main contributor: games.

Nintendo's software revenue in the same timeframe: $2 billion (250 billion Yen), Sony's software revenue $3.4 billion (420 billion Yen).

It is regarding games, not talking about all apps in the app store. When someone sees a game with a price tag in the app store, the chance is almost zero that they will actually buy it, because smartphone 'gamers' are mostly casuals who don't know anything about games. There is no place for momentum platformers on smartphones. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=862675

HintHRO said:
Conina said:
HintHRO said:

It is regarding games, not talking about all apps in the app store.

But games are the main part of the AppStore revenue: http://qz.com/309715/apple-is-overwhelmingly-reliant-on-games-for-app-store-revenue/

"Indeed, games deliver the vast majority of Apple’s revenue from the App Store, accounting for an estimated 75% of income, reckons Macquarie, the investment bank. Games make up 90% of the top 20 apps, and 87% of the top 30 and top 40. Whichever way you slice it, the App Store is a de-facto gaming store—at least when it comes to consumers spending money."

75% of $15 billion is still much more than Nintendo's and Sony's software revenue.

Doesn't look half as charming as Legends.

Origins came out in 2011, Jungle Run (iOS) came out in 2012, Fiesta Run (iOS) came out in 2013, Rayman Legends came out in 2013 and re-released in 2014, and Adventures will come out this year.

So next year we'll probably get another iOS game before a full-fledged platformer, assuming this pattern holds up. Cross those fingers...