By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Won E3 2015 - IGN Versus Results

binary solo said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
the thing i find odd about this is that sony didnt talk about any games for 2015. all their announcements were 2016 and beyond. what games do they have coming at the end of this year? yes, they dropped big bombs, but when are these bombs supposed to even come out? and we dont even know if one of them (shemue) will ever see the light of day.

What's the point of spending press conference time on what is already known? Clearly Sony had nothing new for 2015 to announce. Clearly what is in the pipeline for 2015 will keep PS4 selling well, and while they may have wanted a headline exclusive to lead the way in the 2015 holiday period they clearly do not. So E3 is about announcing new and exciting things, which is what Sony did. 

i definitely agree with your first sentence. i dont fault them for not spending time on what is already known, i fault them for just not having anything in the first place. i honestly was expecting maybe one or two new releases for this year. some kind of surprise or something, but when it comes down to it, they left this fall pretty bare. im sorry if that hurts anyones feelings, but that is just my opinion.

Around the Network
binary solo said:

What's the point of spending press conference time on what is already known? Clearly Sony had nothing new for 2015 to announce. Clearly what is in the pipeline for 2015 will keep PS4 selling well, and while they may have wanted a headline exclusive to lead the way in the 2015 holiday period they clearly do not. So E3 is about announcing new and exciting things, which is what Sony did. 

i definitely agree with your first sentence. i dont fault them for not spending time on what is already known, i fault them for just not having anything in the first place. i honestly was expecting maybe one or two new releases for this year. some kind of surprise or something, but when it comes down to it, they left this fall pretty bare. im sorry if that hurts anyones feelings, but that is just my opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SONY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is kind of hard to predict what kind of stuff Sony has up their sleeve, but I will give it my best shot. First of all, I think there will be an announcement for some kind of DLC for Bloodborne. I also think that it is reasonable to expect a solid showing of Uncharted 4 gameplay. I hope to see some details about Street Fighter V, because that is a really good franchise and a very important one. I hope to see some gameplay of it, and I hope we can see a true evolution in the franchise from SF IV to SF V. I expect to see a bunch of multiplats shown, and with at least one of them, there will be some kind of time exclusivity associated with it. I also expect to see a segment of how Sony has all these beloved franchises, and so they are going to offer remasters of some of the best titles to PS4 users who haven't had a chance to play them. These would include Ratchet and Clank, God of War 3, and the Uncharted Collection. I also think that at some point, there is going to be a 30 to 45 minute segment dedicated to TV, sports, and how good the PS4 is at connecting people with eachother and how great the community and the fans are.

Remember this?

BMaker11 said:
JRPGfan said:

I was looking for the picture a forum member here on Vgcharts posted, that showed all the upcomeing titles for the PS4 in 2015... but couldnt find it.

This isnt nearly as good, but it shows abit of whats comeing in 2015 (the exclusives anyways):

*edit: supposedly missing Tales of Zestiria, on the list, should be out October 2015.

Seriously.

It keeps being shown that PS4 has multiple games coming out, but somehow it keeps being repeated that they have nothing. XBOne had nothing all year and then has a few in the last few months. PS4 has had games coming all year. Stop discounting Jan-October just so you can say "Sony has nothing while MS has Games X,Y,Z for the holiday". PS4 had games A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,X,T,U,V,W before the holiday.

ok, seriously guys, im going to try to break this down as consicely and as clearly as possible. ps4 does have a bunch of releases for the holiday. they are a bunch of third party releases that you dont necessarily need a ps4 for. i recognize those titles and i recognize that a lot of people would buy a ps4 for that, and theyre legitimate reasons to buy a ps4. but when we say that they have nothing lined up for the holiday, we are talking about ps4 exclusives that sony is responsible for. games that sony had a hand in, in order to bring customers to their console specifically. as far as this list goes, three of those games should be in the "+ps3" column, and two of them have already released. what is remaining is really what youre looking at for this fall. 

so to reiterate, this is what we mean when we say sony has nothing for fall. its not that there is literally nothing for the system, but there is nothing that is really driving you to get a ps4 specifically. although ps4 is a great option to play all the games, you dont necessarily need one. i hope that kind of clears up this idea of sony not having any games. when you really take a good look at the ps4 only column, youll see that its pretty bare bones, which is kind of sad.

DerNebel said:
binary solo said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SONY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is kind of hard to predict what kind of stuff Sony has up their sleeve, but I will give it my best shot. First of all, I think there will be an announcement for some kind of DLC for Bloodborne. I also think that it is reasonable to expect a solid showing of Uncharted 4 gameplay. I hope to see some details about Street Fighter V, because that is a really good franchise and a very important one. I hope to see some gameplay of it, and I hope we can see a true evolution in the franchise from SF IV to SF V. I expect to see a bunch of multiplats shown, and with at least one of them, there will be some kind of time exclusivity associated with it. I also expect to see a segment of how Sony has all these beloved franchises, and so they are going to offer remasters of some of the best titles to PS4 users who haven't had a chance to play them. These would include Ratchet and Clank, God of War 3, and the Uncharted Collection. I also think that at some point, there is going to be a 30 to 45 minute segment dedicated to TV, sports, and how good the PS4 is at connecting people with eachother and how great the community and the fans are.

Remember this?

lol yes i totally remember that, and after reading your replies to what i said, there were a lot of studios that sony had that i really didnt consider. and a new ip was shown (horizon) which looks great, but not for 2015 which is what im talking about right now. but hey, i was right about the timed exclusivity thing, right? :P

DerNebel said:

Remember this?

lol yes i totally remember that, and after reading your replies to what i said, there were a lot of studios that sony had that i really didnt consider. and a new ip was shown (horizon) which looks great, but not for 2015 which is what im talking about right now. but hey, i was right about the timed exclusivity thing, right? :P

Point is that it's pretty weird for you to claim that you expected some new releases for this year at E3 when you made predictions before the show which include non of that. See, I know that Sonys first party is behind on the PS4 and that their 2015 output is thin, I've complained about it, but at this point bringing it up time and time again is not going to change that. This thread is about E3 conferences and who has "won" them, never has the winner of a conference been decided by who announces more games that are coming out in the same year, so bringing this into this thread seems like baiting and nothing more.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Seriously.

It keeps being shown that PS4 has multiple games coming out, but somehow it keeps being repeated that they have nothing. XBOne had nothing all year and then has a few in the last few months. PS4 has had games coming all year. Stop discounting Jan-October just so you can say "Sony has nothing while MS has Games X,Y,Z for the holiday". PS4 had games A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,X,T,U,V,W before the holiday.

ok, seriously guys, im going to try to break this down as consicely and as clearly as possible. ps4 does have a bunch of releases for the holiday. they are a bunch of third party releases that you dont necessarily need a ps4 for. i recognize those titles and i recognize that a lot of people would buy a ps4 for that, and theyre legitimate reasons to buy a ps4. but when we say that they have nothing lined up for the holiday, we are talking about ps4 exclusives that sony is responsible for. games that sony had a hand in, in order to bring customers to their console specifically. as far as this list goes, three of those games should be in the "+ps3" column, and two of them have already released. what is remaining is really what youre looking at for this fall. 

so to reiterate, this is what we mean when we say sony has nothing for fall. its not that there is literally nothing for the system, but there is nothing that is really driving you to get a ps4 specifically. although ps4 is a great option to play all the games, you dont necessarily need one. i hope that kind of clears up this idea of sony not having any games. when you really take a good look at the ps4 only column, youll see that its pretty bare bones, which is kind of sad.

Out of the last 4 months of the year, sony has 6 exclusives releasing while the xbox one has 2 exclusives and one timed exclusive.

This year alone sony is releasing 48 retail exclusive games and the xbox one is releasing 27 retail exclusive games.

There's 129 digital exclusive releasing this year and there's 33 digital exclusives releasing for the xbox one this year.

The PS4 has twice as many exclusive games in it's library than the xbox one overall.

What's bare bones and sad? You obviously are not aware of this year's line up or how badly the PS4 is outclassing the xbox one.

Yep i agree with the results no doubt! '
It's funny to see people that don't agree all say the same "fanboys voted for the systems they own it's not a a fair vote there are more ps4 sold than x1 they have more fans" all weak excuses!

DerNebel said:
DerNebel said:

Remember this?

Point is that it's pretty weird for you to claim that you expected some new releases for this year at E3 when you made predictions before the show which include non of that. See, I know that Sonys first party is behind on the PS4 and that their 2015 output is thin, I've complained about it, but at this point bringing it up time and time again is not going to change that. This thread is about E3 conferences and who has "won" them, never has the winner of a conference been decided by who announces more games that are coming out in the same year, so bringing this into this thread seems like baiting and nothing more.

im bringing it up because it is in a thread about the e3 press conferences. yes, sony dropped big bombs, but we have no idea when those bombs are coming out, and even if they are coming out (well, some of them). like i said before, they should have had something this fall that they could have been able to announce. instead, they gave us a game that doesnt look like it has changed at all since its first showing (last guardian, what have they been doing with this title for all these years? at least it still exists), an announcement of a remake that was nothing but CG (no gameplay, really?) and an announcement of a kickstarter which just doesnt sit well or seem right to me. i mean, i get that these are big names to drop, but when you look past that, you have to ask yourself what are they even really giving you? horizon was the biggest and best thing out of all three conferences combined, so that was a great looking game that we actually saw detailed gameplay for and we know is coming soon. 

i know everything i just wrote is going to piss you off, but please just try to remember that its just my opinion. i dont feel like sony gave us much that was solid or concrete and people look past all of that and overwhelmingly give them the win. i think MS had a much better show. and while nintendo had a terrible show with a terrible presentation, theyre delivering the goods which at the end of the day is what we are really all here for. but this topic isnt about that, it is about conferences. 

im bringing it up because it is in a thread about the e3 press conferences. yes, sony dropped big bombs, but we have no idea when those bombs are coming out, and even if they are coming out (well, some of them). like i said before, they should have had something this fall that they could have been able to announce. instead, they gave us a game that doesnt look like it has changed at all since its first showing (last guardian, what have they been doing with this title for all these years? at least it still exists), an announcement of a remake that was nothing but CG (no gameplay, really?) and an announcement of a kickstarter which just doesnt sit well or seem right to me. i mean, i get that these are big names to drop, but when you look past that, you have to ask yourself what are they even really giving you? horizon was the biggest and best thing out of all three conferences combined, so that was a great looking game that we actually saw detailed gameplay for and we know is coming soon. 

i know everything i just wrote is going to piss you off, but please just try to remember that its just my opinion. i dont feel like sony gave us much that was solid or concrete and people look past all of that and overwhelmingly give them the win. i think MS had a much better show. and while nintendo had a terrible show with a terrible presentation, theyre delivering the goods which at the end of the day is what we are really all here for. but this topic isnt about that, it is about conferences. 

The topic is about who won E3 2015. Not about who won the holiday 2015 period.

You're just doing your usual downplaying here... It got old months ago.

Aeolus451 said:

Out of the last 4 months of the year, sony has 6 exclusives releasing while the xbox one has 2 exclusives and one timed exclusive.

This year alone sony is releasing 48 retail exclusive games and the xbox one is releasing 27 retail exclusive games.

There's 129 digital exclusive releasing this year and there's 33 digital exclusives releasing for the xbox one this year.

The PS4 has twice as many exclusive games in it's library than the xbox one overall.

What's bare bones and sad? You obviously are not aware of this year's line up or how badly the PS4 is outclassing the xbox one.

ive seen the stats youre talking about and ive seen the lists, dont worry.

what if i were to tell you that the wii in 2008 had 150 exclusives for the year (im pulling that number jsut as an example, but i honestly wouldnt be surprised if it were somewhere around that number. the wii had a fucking shit ton of exclusives), whereas the ps3 and 360 each had somewhere around 50 exclusives.

what if i sent you a list of titles that actually verified that? would that tell you anything meaningful? would you say, "damn the wii does have the most exclusives and clearly has the best lineup with all the games it has coming out for it." is that what you would say? im just curious. im trying to make a point here.

the list would look something like this:
wii: purr pals, real hero fire fighters, build a bear workshop, survivor, spy fox in dry cereal, imagine: babyz, attack of the movies 3d, etc.

sure, theyre all exclusives.. but what does that really mean? would you say that the wii had nothing lined up for the holiday, or would you recognize these titles as delivering the goods to the gamers?