By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What franchises make you buy systems?

Nintendo: Zelda, Donkey Kong, SSB, Xenoblade Chronicles (Not anymore with NX)
Sony: God Of War, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Infamous, MotorStorm
Microsoft: Gears Of War, Halo, Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon

Around the Network

Since a console is not a big investment, I just buy one when I feel like I want to have it. Usually, a Nintendo console is a no-brainer. Sony has me on the fence with Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Witcher. Xbox I just dont care.

The reason for not buying a PS4 is actually only that I dont want to have my living room full of game consoles....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I was gonna buy a WiiU some time anyways but Donkey Kong Country was what made me pull the trigger.

Smash and pokemon forced me to purchase a 3ds xl. Multiple 1st, 2nd and 3rd party titles for xbox.

Ratchet & Clank, WipEout, Sly Cooper, WRPGs (not only exclusives).

Around the Network

Zelda, Megaten and new franchises :)

Anything Kingdom Hearts
Anything Final Fantasy
Anything Dragon Quest
Anything Star Ocean
Anything Tales Of
Anything by Yoko Taro (Nier, Drakengard)
Anything Deus Ex
Anything by Naughty Dog
Anything by Team Ico
Anything by Media Molecule
Most Things Fire Emblem
Most Things Persona

Pokemon. Every handheld I have owned I bought for Pokemon. Fire Emblem has grown on me since the GBA days, but I don't know if I could call it a system seller for me.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Zelda. Only Zelda. The console that gets Zelda is the console I'll own.

This goes for any company, every other console needs at least a couple of amazing games that greatly interest me. Since Zelda happens to come out on Nintendo consoles, I will also always buy every Mario platformer and Mario Kart at the very least. The rest is wait and see.

Pokemon, Monster Hunter