By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What franchises make you buy systems?

Smash Bros. was my biggest reason to get a Wii U and games like Horizon are tempting me to get a PS4

Around the Network

Mario and Donkey Kong made me buy a Wii U.

for nintendo- smash, kart, pikmin and of course zelda and metroid. i always hope for a cool 2nd/3rd party exclusive like eternal darkness, goldeneye, madworld, no more heroes, etc.

i buy a 3rd party console (sony or m$) for silent hill, final fantasy and mortal kombat. I usually go with sony in hopes of twisted metal.

no metroid and a cancelled masterpiece called silent hills. This gen has been less than kind.

For me, it's pokemon for ninty handhelds and zelda for their home machines. Playstation doesn't have anything in particular for me but I always buy their consoles. Never owned an xbox. Also, this is my very first post on this site! I'm a long-time lurker but just now decided to make a profile.

Nintendo - Nintendo games
Microsoft - Gears of War, Fable (used to),Halo
Sony - Everything else but mostly jrpgs.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
no metroid and a cancelled masterpiece called silent hills. This gen has been less than kind.

What you do mean, "no Metroid"? They literally just announced one a month ago

i don't play handhelds.  As such, they don't exsist to me.  Besides, calling fed force a metroid is like trying to pass off hyrule warriors as "the next zelda".  Not saying it will be bad, but its def non-canonical (thank you tina belcher).  

mZuzek said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

i don't play handhelds.  As such, they don't exsist to me.  Besides, calling fed force a metroid is like trying to pass off hyrule warriors as "the next zelda".  Not saying it will be bad, but its def non-canonical (thank you tina belcher).  

I was being ironic, I hoped the would help make that clear.

oh, sorry.  I wasn't sure.  I'm not very good with text and sarcasm.  I thought maybe you were one of the ppl defending the game and sticking your tongue out in protest.    

Hiya! I hope I'm replying correctly :)

-The Legend of Zelda
-Super Mario
-Bayonetta
-Silent Hill
-Fire Emblem
-Ratchet & Clank
-Persona

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

mZuzek said:
Bancho_Villa said:

Hiya! I hope I'm replying correctly :)

If you were trying to reply to me, use 'quote'. 'Reply' is basically the same as just writing a regular post.

Ha thanks for the help. I literally just got through reading the tutorial when I saw your reply :)